By: Lexi, Elizabeth, and Nicole
How did geography play a role in the establishment of the civilization and its interaction with others?
How was their society organized and how well did it function?
- Communist vs. Nationalists
- Women played a key role in the May 4th movement
- Communists joined the Nationalists army in 1926-1927 to rid the nation of warlords that prevented the formation of a strong central government
- This union ended during "White Terror" in 1927 when the Nationalist killed and purged the Communists because of their party
- The Nationalists popularity eroded due to the years of corruption and mismanagement
What makes the civilization unique or interesting?
- Japan invaded Northeastern China in 1931
- This started a Sino-Japanese War
- The actual revolution began May 16, 1966
- Under rule of Mao Zedong
- Called Maoist phase (1949-1976)
- Led to the death of 70 million people
- September 9, 1976, end of Revolution (Mao dies)
China | history - geography. (n.d.). Retrieved December 18, 2015, from
The Chinese Cultural Revolution. (n.d.). Retrieved December 22, 2015, from
The Chinese Revolution of 1949 - 1945–1952 - Milestones - Office of the Historian. (n.d.). Retrieved December 22, 2015, from https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/chinese-rev