The Periodic Table (ELEMENTS)
2) And also one of the softest known substances, graphite.
3) Carbon also has an affinity for bonding with other small atoms, including other carbon atoms.
4) Is also capable of forming multiple stable covalent bonds with such atoms.
5) Carbon also has the highest sublimation point of all elements.
6) At atmospheric pressure it has no melting point.
7) Carbon compounds form the basis of all known life on Earth.
2) Graphite is used for pencil tips, high temperature crucibles, dry cells, electrodes and as a lubricant.
3) Diamonds are used in jewelry and because they are so hard they are also used in industry for cutting, drilling, grinding, and polishing.
4) Carbon black is used as the black pigment in printing ink.
5) Carbon can also be formed into carbon steel because carbon can form alloys with iron.