Patient Account Representative
Healthcare Receivables Group is Hiring : Part-time Position
Who are we looking for?
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for collecting payments and providing customer service for medical accounts. This part-time position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively on the telephone.
Patient Account Rep Essential Responsibilities:
- Establish payment arrangements in accordance with client guidelines
- Promptly accept and handle incoming telephone calls
- Document activity in patient accounting system
- Adhere to all company policies and departmental procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The essential responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Call center experience preferred
- Healthcare revenue cycle experience greatly preferred
- Spanish speaker desired
Healthcare Industry Training:
- During orientation all Patient Account Representatives will be required to complete training requirements for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability) compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent work skills and the ability to use a computer and keyboard efficiently
- Ability to communicate with patients in a courteous, professional manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Patient Account Representative to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to type, and be able to talk and hear on a phone device while entering data into a computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- up to $12.00 per hour