Tonasket School District
Position Opening: School Custodian
Join our team!
The Tonasket setting is rural with magnificent topography of mountains and valleys. The Okanogan River, part of the Columbia River system, flows through the town of Tonasket. There are many lakes in the area, some large and others quite small. The climate is best described as semi-arid with four definite seasons.
More community resources at our employment link below! 👇
Our Mission and Culture
Focused on learning and linking learning to life.
Embrace a welcoming and collaborative school climate that encourages staff and student initiative, dynamic learning, a sense of community, and ethical decision-making, while promoting and valuing mutual respect, safety, health, and our rural heritage.
The Tonasket School District is currently looking to fill a School Custodian position.
The Tonasket School District is now accepting all applications for:
- Full-Time Year-Round, 8 Hours per Day, 3:00 PM -11:30 PM
In-district requests close December 8, 2021
Open until filled for out-of-district applications.
To request a transfer (within classification), submit a letter of interest to Anitra Atchison in the district office.
OUT OF DISTRICT APPLICATION PROCESS:
If interested, please submit an application to Anitra Atchison in the district office. Application is attached or can be downloaded from the district’s website at: www.tonasket.wednet.edu /district/employment or by calling the district office at 509-486-2126. Instructions for submitting application materials are included in the district application.
DEPARTMENT: Buildings & Grounds
REPORTS TO: Maintenance and Operations Supervisor
WORK DAYS: Full Time Year-Round, 8 Hours per Day, 3:00 PM -11:30 PM
Under the direction of the Maintenance and Operations Supervisor, perform custodian tasks necessary for maintaining facilities, including the outside entryways, in a clean, neat, and orderly condition and of staff and student needs. Tasks include sweeping, vacuuming, stripping and waxing, shampooing, dusting, shower and restroom cleaning, window cleaning, trash, and garbage pickup.
Listed below is an outline of the primary duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform. As Custodian, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. Other related duties necessary to meet the district’s needs may be assigned to you.
- Maintain all floor coverings in your assigned area clear of dirt, stains, debris.
- Each shift, empty all trash and garbage containers in your assigned area.
- Dust all furniture, including desks and chairs, in your assigned area.
- Clean whiteboards as required.
- Shampoo/wax floors as required and assigned.
- Cleaning of urinals, toilets, showers, floors, walls in your assigned area.
- Clean windows as required.
- Change burnt-out lights as required.
- Prepare rooms, areas, and gyms for meetings/events.
- Lock/unlock buildings as required.
- Clear walks/landings as required and assigned.
- Refill all associated dispensers as required.
- Performs other job-related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Elementary Custodian Duties:
Clean the District Office
Other duties as assigned.
Work with the knowledge that errors may have serious consequences for staff and students, and therefore accuracy is expected in the performance of duties. All tasks will be performed following all state, local, and federal regulations.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
Good working knowledge of maintaining facilities in clean, neat, and orderly condition.
Good working knowledge of powered equipment such as shampooers, buffers, scrubbers.
Good working knowledge in the safe and proper use of cleaning products and dilution ratios.
Good working knowledge in universal precautions.
Good working knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets.
High School Diploma
Obtains and maintains first aid card.
- Minimum two (2) years experience preferred.
- Working Conditions: Ability to work in all environmental conditions inside and outside the buildings.
- Lifting: Using proper body mechanics must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Bending: Ability to bend over frequently.
- Sitting: Prolonged sitting is not a requirement.
- Walking: Must be able to walk upstairs and for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to climb and use step ladders in a safe manner.
Ability to communicate, hear, speak, read and write English.
MANDATORY CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful clearance of the FBI and Washington State Patrol fingerprint background check.
- Successful Washington State Sexual Misconduct clearance.
- Completion of Federal I-9, Employment Verification Eligibility form.
Tonasket School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Steve McCullough, Superintendent, 35 HWY 20 East. Ph. 509-486-2126 email: email@example.com
El Distrito Escolar de Tonasket no discrimina en cualquier programa o actividad sobre la base de sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, origen nacional, edad, veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad, o el uso de una perro guía entrenado o animal de servicio y proporciona un acceso equitativo a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. El siguiente empleado(s) ha sido designado para manejar las preguntas y quejas por presunta discriminación: Steve McCullough, Superintente 35 HWY 20 East. Tel. 509-486-2126 correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org