The Paw Print
Weekly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of October 11th
A message from Mrs. Lucas
It has been a busy couple of weeks at Brookhaven! Third and fourth grade students participated in CogAT testing, a number of students returned some pretty fabulous Reflections projects for the PTA sponsored contest, our third and sixth grade students planted beautiful flowers in our garden, our first graders sang a patriotic song at our monthly Friday Flag assembly, and students continue to learn and grow in the classrooms!
We are looking forward to the rest of October with our annual Fall Festival coming up on Thursday, October 28th! This evening is hosted by our sixth grade students and families and funds raised will help our sixth graders attend Outdoor Ed camp in February! We hope to see all our families on this fun night where students can dress in their Halloween costume, play at the game booths, get candy at the Trunk or Treat and just enjoy another Brookhaven family evening together.
Additionally, as we typically do, students will be able to dress in their Halloween costume on Friday, October 29th, during the school day and will have a class party with their classmates. A new activity we'll be holding this year is an OPTIONAL Pumpkin Decorating Contest. See this flyer here to help you begin your planning. If your child would like to participate, please note that their pumpkin MUST be decorated at home and brought to school on Friday morning, 10/29, when school begins. We look forward to seeing the students' creativity!
School Site Council Members
Brookhaven PTA News
Spirit wear will arrive shortly and be delivered to students in their classrooms. Stay tuned for more information regarding the delivery date.
Hurry now to reserve your spot for Trunk or Treat! Spots are filling quickly. See the flyer linked below with more information.
- October 28th - Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat ... click here to see the flyer that was sent home
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have a new PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 19th - SSC Meeting via zoom
- October 22nd - ELAC Meeting via zoom
- October 25th-29th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 28th - Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat!
- October 29th - Costume Day and class parties
Attendance and Health Reminders
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
Thank you, Bears!
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.