March 23, 2015
I've been reading a few books of late, one highlights the GREAT John Wooden. One quote stuck out that I felt I had to share...
You are valued, you are appreciated, you make a difference every single day!
8 more wake-ups until Spring Break. You've GOT THIS!
Please have the following available for parents:
- Examples of student work throughout the room
- A sample classroom newsletter
- Behavior/discipline policies
- Displays of the GREAT things you are doing in your classroom!
3/23 - Market Day pickup 3:30-4:30PM in cafeteria
3/24 - Staff Meeting 3:45PM - Ms. Szypa's Room
3/25 - Grades Due in PowerSchool
3/26 - New Family Open House 6PM-8PM
3/27 - K-3 Field Trip 11AM-3PM | Report Cards go home | P4P Jean Day
3/29 - Palm Sunday
2 - Holy Thursday | Noon dismissal ***NO SCHOOL MASS***
3-10 Easter Break - no school
13 - School resumes
14 - K-4 Aquarium Field Trip
16 - Learn 2 Earn 1:30PM
20-21 - Spring Book Fair - BOGO
22 - Confirmation - 7PM (Students arrive at 6:30PM)
24 - P4P Jean Day
25 - Salute to Spring/Pot 'O Gold Raffle 7PM at The Roc/Wize Guys
29 - Midterm
30 - Learn 2 Earn
The pairs this week are:
Anna & Chelsea
Megan & Beth
John & Sara
Dawn, Angie & Toni (discuss for any movement you will have if any).
Next week, the pairs will be:
Kathy & Anna
Chelsea & Megan
Beth & John
Middle School - discussion on schedule/changes/etc.
Get Ready for National Student Leadership Week with this Pop Quiz!
In just one month, National Student Leadership Week will play out across the country. We recently sent a little test to the advisers for all NASC, NHS, and NJHS chapters, and we thought we’d share it with you too for fun.
Name these individuals:
- I was an American aviator, the first woman to fly the Atlantic, and the first person to fly solo across the Pacific. I inspired women to defy gender barriers in pursuing their passions.
- I was the primary leader of India’s independence movement during British rule and an architect of nonviolent civil disobedience.
- I am a Summerville, SC, student who founded Katie’s Kids to help youngsters and communities across the country create and maintain gardens to supply produce for soup kitchens and homeless shelters.
You’ll find the answers at the end of this message. In the meantime, these fun questions are our way of reminding you that it just takes ONE individual to make a difference.
We hope your school will take the opportunity to make “The Power of One” a meaningful experience for this year’s National Student Leadership Week. Remember, NSLW takes place April 19–25, 2015.
Please share your school’s plans and experiences on Facebook or Twitter, too. Use #nslw15 to be part of the collaboration, and visit www.nhs.us/nslw, www.njhs.us/nslw, or www.nasc.us/nslw to learn how to get involved.
More power to you!
Ann D. Postlewaite
David P. Cordts
Jeff R. Sherrill
*P.S. Here are the answers to the Pop Quiz: 1) Amelia Earhart 2) Mahatma Ghandi 3) 2014 Prudential Spirit of Community honoree Katie Stagliano