Glenview Library Letter
November 13, 2014
Notes from the Library...
- When you know that you have a student who is going to withdraw, please make sure they return their library books before they leave. Thanks!
- The library computers are seeing lots of use! Yay! If you would like to students to work on Imagine Learning or Raz Kids, please send them with a little note so we know what they should be working on. Also, please indicate the time you need us to send them back to your room. AR quizzes and book check out do not require a note.
- All students 1-4 may check out two books, one on their level and one for fun (slightly easier, or a bit of a challenge.) Please make sure students know what AR level you want them to get. You can check your reading level correlation chart to see how Fountas and Pinnell line up. Let me know if you need an extra copy of it.
- New library card requests must come from teachers. Please send an email to both Mara and I with the name of the student who needs a new card. We often have students tell us they need a new card, when really it is just in one of their other classrooms.
- Reminder: Students are NOT allowed to bring food into the library at all.
- FREE magazines: On the cart just inside the library doors are back issues of The Mailbox. Please take as many as you need if you are interested. All unclaimed magazines will be recycled Friday at 3:30pm.
- The Library is now on Twitter and Instagram! @GlenviewLibrary
Beginning Friday, November 7, 2014
· The Library will be opening at 7:30am for 3rd and 4th grade students.
· The first 20 students who want to spend time in the library and have a book with them will be allowed in. (If the door is closed, either the 20 student spots are already full, or it is not an option that day.)
· Students must be reading silently at a table or taking an AR quiz on the computer.
· When the bell rings at 7:45, students will go to their classrooms for breakfast.
· Book checkout will NOT be offered during this time.
· This is designed to be a time to quietly enjoy a book and relax!
Please share this information with your students.
This week's wonderful website is our very own Glenview Library Catalog, also called the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog.) Use this site to search for books in our library, or to link to Limitless Libraries. There is even a mobile app that you can use on your phone! Just click on LS2 Mobile, and then scan the QR code with your phone.
Quote of the Week
My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
Glenview Library... More than just books!
Items available for teachers:
Professional Collection-- located in the Conference Room near the library entrance
Playaways (audiobooks)-- on Playaway display rack
Big Books-- located in the Library Office/Workroom
DVDs and VHS-- located in the Library Office/WorkroomBooks on tape-- located in the Library Office/Workroom