@ the Library!
OLGCHS - Steve Dean Memorial Library - Winter 2014
What's On Display!
New Year, New You!
“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.”
Some of our featured titles:
- Stress Relief: The Ultimate Teen Guide by Mark Powell
- Fitness for Dummies by Suzanne Schlosberg
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
- Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Kimberly Kirberger.
Remember: Books on display can always be checked out—take a look today!
Have a suggestion?
The library is always open to ideas and ways to improve—just drop your suggestions in the box located under the Uncle Sam poster in the library.
- How would you make the library better?
- What sort of events would you like to have in the library? (Example: Hunger Games!)
- Are there any books you’d like for the collection?
- Do you have any suggestions for what should be displayed?
Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances
by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
Liar’s Poker: Rising Through the Wreckage on Wall Street
by Michael Lewis
The Eye of Minds
by James Dashner
- Students have checked out over 750 books so far this school year!
- We now have over 8,300 titles in our collection (books, DVDs, etc.) - but if we don’t have it, just ask!
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth has already been on hold 5 times this year!
- 283 titles have been added to the collection since the beginning of the year!
- The library has had over 100 classes reserve the library to work on projects, papers, and other classwork.
NEW FEATURES: Course Pages (designed specifically for your class project), Citation Tab (includes helpful tools for forming citations), Home Page (FAQs about the library policies).
Bookworms Book Club Meeting!
Monday, Feb. 3rd, 3pm
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
- The meeting will be held in the Library office.
- Our current book: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.
- Come by for snacks and to chat about the book!