Havelock North Primary School 17th August 2021
Kia ora koutou,
Congratulations to Charlotte Simpson who did a wonderful job of being principal for the day yesterday. She even made me a beautiful pink tie. The Principal for the Day was an auction prize at the recent Big Night Out. Check out this link https://youtu.be/AhjdzWrFgkQ to see Charlotte in action.
This term we say a big welcome to our new students. Well done to Charles and Keagen Cropper, Alex and Andy Wolf, Leyla and Meila Treneman, Lily Paton van der Walt, Henry Meade and Fletcher Snee for making such a positive start to life at Havelock North Primary.
We also welcome back Mrs Donna Chapman who is teaching in Room 23. It is great to have you back with us Donna.
Sadly we say farewell to Mrs Raewyn Field at the end of this Term. Raewyn has been a fantastic teacher and leader in our school for a number of years. We will miss Raewyn and thank her sincerely for the wonderful work she has carried out at HNP. We wish her all the very best for her exciting new opportunity as Assistant Principal of Arthur Miller School.
A reminder that the final Teacher Only day for Havelock North state schools is next Friday 27th August.
Campbell Street is still closed to through traffic. We had some correspondence that the water line is being installed tonight so hopefully we will see things return to normal in the coming days.
Tomorrow night, 18th August from 5:30 pm -6:30 pm, we have a Hui to organise our Hangi. The Hui will take place in Room 12. We would love to have people along to help plan this event. Thank you to those wonderful people who have already offered a range of produce which will mean we can provide free samples to our students.
This Friday, the Rex Graham Cup takes place in a different format. Traditionally the cup was a sports competition (rugby, cricket, football and hockey) between Havelock North Primary and Te Mata schools. This year we see the addition of Clive, Lucknow and Hereworth Schools in what should be a great day out for our students at the Hastings Sports Park. We wish them well.
Have a great week everyone.
Recently we have noticed an increasing number of students coming to school with incorrect uniform, particularly socks. Please see the information below regarding the appropriate school uniform. Thank you.
- Royal blue polo shirt - short sleeve with the school logo
- Royal blue performance shirt
- Navy shorts/ skort/ trackpants. Canterbury navy blue shorts are acceptable as well.
- School Fleece or Jacket (with logo).
- Gingham School Dress.
- Navy tights - optional and worn under gingham tunic or skort.
- Navy or white ankle socks.
- Navy merino/ polyprop/ thermal - only to be worn for extra warmth under the shirt.
- Navy Blue School Logo Beanie
- Jewellery -plain studded earrings or a wrist watch.
- Nail Polish is not permitted.
- A Taonga is appropriate as long as it is tucked inside the shirt.
- There is no specific uniform shoe. We do however expect children to wear shoes which are practical for a range of experiences including physical education.
- For health and safety reasons (head lice etc), all hair longer than shoulder length is to be tied back with a black or a navy hair tie. Only navy or black headbands are to be worn. Any other hair embellishments are not accepted, e.g. large bows.
HNI Open Evening for year 6 students
A reminder that the HNI Open Evening is on Thursday from 6.30pm, starting in the HNI school hall.
HNI look forward to meeting their prospective Year 7s and whanau and sharing many of the things they offer at HNI.
2021 School Photos
2021 PEAK TRAIL BLAZER Update
Peak Trail Blazer Update
It’s great to see all our children creating some amazing slogan entries for this years Peak Trail Blazer. Those creative juices are really flowing and we are excited to see all the entries this Friday, which will be the final day to get entries into the school office. The winning slogan will be printed on the front of 500 t-shirts which are worn as school uniform in term 4 and also by the Peak Trail Blazer competitors. This year the t-shirt will be navy blue and we are looking for three words, three syllables to print on the front. We have already received hundreds of entries and remember numbers are capped for the Tainui Trail, so if you don’t want to miss out please ensure you enter early, to avoid any disappointment. We will only be doing one t-shirt order and orders will need to be in by the last week of term 3. If you would like to order a t-shirt for your child to wear next term, you can purchase online at https://eventplus.net/PTB21
The Peak Trail Blazer is one of our main fundraising events. If anyone would like to help or support the Peak Trail Blazer in any way please contact Catherine Wedd on 0212886770 or email email@example.com
Values Medal Recipients
Term 3 Sport
What's happening in sport this term?
REX GRAHAM - THIS Friday 20th August
This exchange is looking a bit different moving forward, and will now be a full day tournament between a number of the Havelock North and surrounds schools. This year we are lucky enough to be able to send two teams for the following sports Netball, Hockey, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer and Rugby.
All Rex Graham players will be transported by bus to the Hastings Sports Park. Parents are welcome, and encouraged, to come and support at any time during the day.
A HUGE thank you to the volunteers in the form of coaches, managers, teachers, parent transport help and supporters who are giving up their time to make this happen for the kids.
HNP School Cross Country - Thursday 2nd September
Super Sixes - Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th September
Sport News - email any results and/or photos Erica to firstname.lastname@example.org
S T A C Awards for Term 3, Week 1
These are the students who are not only displaying our school values out in the sporting arena, but have been selected as they are demonstrating
S - Sportsmanship T - Teamwork A - Attitude C - Coachability
Konna Wilhelm Schnell
A special note from one of our Hockey parent coaches - well done kids (and thank you so much coaches!)
With one final game to go next week, we are so proud of the Pukekos development over this term.
They are coming 2nd in their Pool with the top team having one extra win (a team came in late to the Pool so our team had a BYE their first game so played one less game than the top team).
All of the parents have been incredibly proud of how well the team has played this season.
They play so well together as a team, encourage each other, show sportsmanship on the turf and are growing their skills so much both as individuals and as a team.
The school should be very proud of the way that the team has represented their school, they have been so amazing this season!
Out and About
Term Dates and Teacher Only Days 2021
Term 3 2021
26 July – 1 October
Term 4 2021
18 October – 16 December
Public holidays this term are Hawke's Bay Anniversary - Friday 22nd October and Labour Day – Monday 25 October
Teacher Only Day
Up Coming Events
- Hangi Hui -Wednesday 18th August 5:30 pm
- HNI Open Evening -Thursday 19th August
- Rex Graham Cup - Friday 20th August
- Kids Sing Wednesday 25th August
- Teacher Only Day - Friday 27th August
- HNPS Cross Country - Thursday 2nd September
- Senior Cultural Show Arts Performance @ Peak Vision Church - Wednesday 22nd September
- Term 3 ends - Friday 1st October
- Hawkes Bay Anniversary Day Friday 22nd October
- Labour Day Monday 25th October
- Peak Trail Blazer - Sunday 31st October
- Blast in the Park - Friday 5th November
- HNPS Athletics - Friday 12th November
- HNPS Tennis Tournament - Sunday 21st November.
- School Year finishes - Thursday 16th December