Middle School North Newsletter
Week of Sept 6, 2021
It has been HOT outside. We monitor the heat and keep students inside when its too hot. However, we do want students to be able to get out and play as much as possible.
Please make sure your student is arriving with a water bottle every day. We take water bottles out for recess and wellness.
Dress Code Reminders
We are seeing lots of dress code violations. We are seeing lots of; Shorts/skirts that are too short, and tops that are short enough to show skin .
The following guidelines outline appropriate dress in Cabot’s schools:
- All students shall wear shoes
- Young men shall wear sleeved shirts
- Young women may wear sleeved blouses and shirts or sleeveless blouses and shirts with broad shoulder straps that cover the shoulders; undergarments may not be visible;
- Pants, shorts, dresses and skirts will be no more than four (4) inches above the knee. Long dresses cannot have a slit that exceeds 4 inches above the knee standard;
- For all clothing with waistbands, the top of the waistband must be no lower than the top of the hipbone;
- Dress codes for the graduation ceremonies will be determined by the high school principal. Clothing and accessories not allowed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tank tops and tops with spaghetti straps;
- Pants with holes more than four inches above the knee with exposed skin or undergarments; Caps, hats, toboggans, etc;
- Clothing that displays obscenities, promotes violence, including pictures of guns or other weapons, has sexual implication/content or has reference to alcoholic beverages, tobacco or illegal substances;
- Chains (e.g. wallet chains);
- See-through blouses;
- Pajamas and house shoes;
- Other styles, hair, contacts or clothing that may disrupt school