Town of Clarkdale Update
March 25, 2023
Verde Valley Stand Down Held in Clarkdale
Thank you to the volunteers, agencies, Council and residents who supported this event to assist veterans.
Free Gardening Workshop
Register by calling Parks and Recreation at 928-639-2460 or email Parks.Rec@Clarkdale.az.gov.
Verde Valley Rally seeking volunteers
This year’s event will feature live music from Santa Pachita (a Latin American band from Tucson), a Native dancer and a small farmers market style atmosphere. The non-competitive events are 2, 4 and 10 milers. The competitive events are the 15, 30 and 44 milers.
Major incidents for the week of Mar. 15 through Mar. 21, 2023:
- March 15: Officer Jackson and Officer King handled several calls involving a runaway juvenile and alleged child abuse. Dept. of Child Safety is involved. Officer Jackson transported the juvenile to detention due to the flight risk and having no other place to go. Lt. Candelaria, Lead Officer Johnston, and Officer Deming assisted.
- March 15: A resident of Crossroads at Mingus fell for a phone scam and is out $412. Officer Jackson investigated and there are no suspects or leads.
- March 20: Officer King and Lead Officer Johnston took a delayed report of aggravated assault. The investigation is ongoing and officers are attempting to locate the suspect.
Total Calls: 49
Calls Criminal in Nature: 4
Traffic Stops: 4
Citations Non-Traffic: 0
Requests for Citizen Assistance: 11
Animal Problems: 7
Requests by Other Agencies for Assistance: 10
Assists Criminal in Nature: 2
Responses to Calls at the RAPS: 2
Domestic Violence Calls: 1
Warrant Arrests: 0
Clarkdale Historical Society and Museum Update
Thank you, Clarkdale!
On the heels of the wildly successful Plant Sale, CHSM would like to thank the volunteers (growers and day-of event), organizers, Town of Clarkdale and the community for making this great event possible. More than 1,300 plants found new gardens and countless seeds have a chance to grow. Thank you!
CHSM Honored by KSB
The Clarkdale Historical Society and Museum will be honored by Keep Sedona Beautiful (KSB) with an Award of Excellence for Cultural Heritage. Each year, KSB identifies organizations, businesses and individuals who have made significant contributions to the community. There are various categories such as Dark Sky Lighting, Landscaping, Cultural Heritage, Community Service, Environmental Stewardship, Education, and Sustainability. Marshall Whitmire nominated CHSM by providing KSB with details on how the organization helps to celebrate and preserve the rich history of Clarkdale and the surrounding region, including our Native American heritage.
Whether your Clarkdale roots run deep or you’re a new sprout, please visit the Museum. Badly needed repairs are scheduled for this weekend causing the Museum to be closed on Friday, March 24 and Saturday, March 25. Please visit us another time!
Community input sought for regional transportation safety plan
HELP US IMPROVE SAFETY
Have you noticed an area that concerns you when driving?
Then tell them what you think by going to SAFETY SURVEY and sharing your observations.
Want to know more about what is happening in Clarkdale?
- Register to receive this newsletter via email by sending a message to Townmanager@clarkdale.az.gov.
- Sign up to receive notifications of agendas, job postings and newsletters posted to our website by going to: Notify Me • Clarkdale, AZ • CivicEngage.