AAA News You Can Use-January 19
Thank you for being prepared and organized for Instructional Rounds. The participants were able to gather a wealth of information and provided some great feedback for us as we move into our next level of work. Mrs. Small, Ms. Edgecombe and I will be sharing some of our next steps in individual meetings and grade level meetings. I will also dedicate some time on our half day-January 29-to go into detail about the findings and suggested strategies.
Common Planning Times
We will not have PLCs meeting this week as a group. Mrs. Small and Ms. Edgecombe will continue individual data meetings with teachers.
We will be on track the week of January 25 to hold RtI PST meetings. I encourage you to take a close look at your STAR data this week to determine which students can fade from RtI and which students may need to be added.
Proof of Residency Campaign
This Week at a Glance
- MLK Holiday
- Microwave Dave Foundation visiting 6th grade with Ms. Estelle
- Small Group and Committee Meetings as Needed-team leaders will contact as needed
- HCS Vertical Team Meetings for teachers grades 6-8
January 22 Lisa Snodgrass
Mrs. VandeVoorde-she will be receiving the Black History Month Teacher Award
Teleyah Hester (6) 1st place Black History Artist
Hudson Haynesworth (8) 2nd place Black History Artist
Noah Beddingfield (5) 3rd place Black History Artist
Jay Sales (5) Honorable Mention Black History Artist
The following students had Reflections projects that placed at the HCS district level and will be submitted to the state level of competition.
Addie Camille Holder Alex Stuart
Autumn McCombs Betsy Stuart
Kensley Mierra Jones Rylee Satterfield
Dismissal Duty for this Week
Stricklin, Hester, VandeVoorde
Leopold, Peck, Knutson, Rodriguez
(One things are settled inside-please send one teacher outside to assist in loading cars)
(This teacher should check cafeteria each day for students that need supervision until their after school activity begins. A teacher will arrive to get them by 3:15. We have not had may after school events but they have started up-math team, robotics, rehearsals, etc)
STAR Progress Monitoring this week: We will resume progress monitoring after RtI PST meetings next week.
Signup for Elementary:
Signup for Middle:
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- Laptops, chargers and HDMI cords should be locked up when not in use. Teachers and students are responsible for the loss if not placed in a secure location.
- Create an OmniFund account. You can do this from the HCS home page.
- We are excited about the Coke machine in the workroom. Please remember NO STUDENTS should have access to the machine. Do not send students to get drinks.
- Food and drinks should stay in the cafeteria. Many students are saying that teachers tell them it is ok to bring breakfast for lunch to the room. At this time, we are not equipped for Breakfast in the Classroom so don't encourage students to bring items to the pod or classrooms.
- From Dr. Summerville: Snack and recess cannot be taken away from students as a form of discipline. Update: up to 5 minutes of recess can be taken
- Mark your calendar for Wellness Screening on Feb 17. Nurse Hanks will provide more details soon.
- Make sure you have added evidence to EDAL for Nov, Dec and Jan.