A Christmas Carol Backround
- The Industrial Revolution began in Britain in the 18th century.
- Charles Dickens had 5 sisters
- The Industrial technological changes included the use of iron, steel, and now energy.
- The Victorian Age came from William IV's niece.
- Charles Dickens was the author of the 19th century.
- Charles was sent to debtor's prison at the age of 12.
- Families were in poverty because the loss of jobs. When families were in poverty, they sent there children to factories to work and to earn money.
- In the 19th century, poor children at the age of 4 had to work 16 hours.
- Charles Dickens wrote the book Oliver Twist. It was based on Child Labor.