Safe text-messaging option for teachers!
Best-Practices for Using REMIND
1. Keep your messages concise. Avoid sending multiple messages one after another.
2. Proofread carefully before sending. Auto-correct does tricky things to our words!
3. Establish a schedule of when you will be sending out REMIND messages and communicate this often with students and parents.
4. Consider creating different REMIND classes for different class periods or different groups. People don't like receiving texts that don't pertain to them.
5. Think about creating an ESL REMIND group for parents who speak other languages. Then, tailor these texts with added images and less linguistically complex messages. And, use the TRANSLATE function!
6. Schedule texts for students to come during non-instructional times, if possible.
7. Remember, REMIND as a communication tool should be thought of the way you think of email. Once a message is out there, anyone has access to it. Reflect before you SEND.