September 25, 2014
Welcome to Math Night! We're excited to expose you to a day in the math life of your student.
Something to Think About...
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
21st Century skills are centered around a person's ability to be creative, collaborative, communicate, and think critically. We embrace our responsibility to embed these skills in our content instruction and prepare our students for the careers of the future.
Math Instruction Objectives...
- Guide students in developing a strong conceptual math foundation
- Emphasize the reasoning that underlies traditional algorithms
- Develop computational fluency and number sense
- Apply mathematical operations to everyday situations (multiple step word problems)
- Foster students' ability to choose a problem solving strategy, articulate their process, and justify their answer
Math Rotations In Your Student's Grade Level
- Experience 'Hands-on' Math Games, Problem Solving, and Fact Fluency/Number Sense
- Proceed to the grade level hallway....exception of Kindergarten who will remain in the cafeteria
- 10 Minute Rotations
- 5 Minute Passing Periods