Leonardo da Vinci
When & where was da Vinci born?
- April 15, 1452
- Vinci, Italy
Where did da Vinci spend most of his life?
- In Florence, Italy
Da Vinci's education/training
- He assisted in Verrocchio's workshop
- Verrocchio was the leading artist of Florence
da Vinci's lifestyle
- He was an engineer, sculptor, & artist
- His nationality is florentine
- About 1478 Leonardo set up his own studio
What type of art did da Vinci create?
- He created paintings
- The MonaLisa
- The Last Supper
Who were da Vinci's patrons?
- The pope Julias II
Which two "isms" does da Vinci portray?
- Humanism: he changed the vision of future painters
- Skepticism: da Vinci made his paintings different from other artists
What is the name of this piece?
When was it created?
Where is this piece located?
Describe the piece
Why do I find this piece so interesting?
What was so significant about this piece?
- It shows individualism & imagination
- It's based from the real world
- It's a classical topic (portrait)
- The colors are rich, warm, and glowing
Which "ism" is most likely linked to this piece?
"Leonardo da Vinci." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
Creator : Leonardo da Vinci
Title : Mona Lisa
Date : 1503-1506
Repository : Musée du Louvre
Repository : Inv. 779
ARTstor : LESSING_ART_1039490423
URL : http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?id=%2FThWdC8hIywtPygxFTx5TnQkVn0tfA%3D%3D