New in 2015
at the CHS library
New digital resources - Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) and Encyclopedia Britannica
Testing & Education Reference Center
Testing & Education Reference Center offers high school, college, and career resources including:
- practice for tests such as STAAR, GED, AP (all subjects), ACT, SAT, GRE , GMAT, LSAT, and MCAT
- scholarship searches
- school searches (both college and vocational schools)
- career assessment
- resume builder
- U.S. citizenship exam practice
- military exams (ASVAB, AFOQT)
In addition to practice tests, there are online books, articles, tips, Word of the Day, and tips & strategies. In some instances, such as the ACT and SAT resources, students can access an online course.
What you should know:
- on-campus use should not require a password
- off-campus use will require a password: lisdlibrary
- online books require Adobe Reader
- in order to keep track of progress and results (ie. for online courses and practice tests), students will, in some cases, need to create an account with a username and password.
Encyclopedia Britannica also requires a log-in.
Username: lubbockisd Password: lisdlibrary
I try to order and update the collection 3-4 times a year. Use the link below to request titles via a Google Form. Be sure to specify not only the title, but also the format you'd like to see added.