Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 10/9/2017
College Application Season Opens
Madison counselors will conduct presentations about the college application process during the College-bound Symposium on October 11. Students will receive a packet of information to complete the college application process and prepare for the financial aid season, which now opens in October (the deadline for the FAFSA [Free Application for Federal Student Aid] is March 2, 2018. NOTE: Apply for the 2018-19 school year at www.fafsa.gov. The counselors will hold after school workshops on November 7, 9, 15, 16, 28 or 29, 2:30-3:30 pm, in room 1003 to provide assistance. The application deadline for the University of California and California State University systems is Wednesday, November 30. This is a hard deadline for fall enrollment. Students are encouraged to complete all applications by November 17 to ensure counselor help. Our goal is to assist our students in preparing for college, so it is imperative that our 12th grade students seek assistance in meeting deadlines and developing good study habits, strategies and techniques. Please contact your student’s counselor if you have questions or need assistance.
Family Notices for the Week:
- Madison's College Bound Symposium for seniors will take place on Wednesday, October 11, 7:25 -11:55 am; 10th and 11th grade students will take the PSAT in their advisory class on this day; 9th grade students will take part in activities that explore Madison's school-wide learner outcomes.
- Minimum Days are October 11 and 25; students are released at 12:30 pm.
- The SDUSD Choice application opened October 2 through November 13 for the 2018-19 school year. If your student already attends Madison via Choice you do not need to take any action. Non-neighborhood families who want to attend Madison in the fall (including non-neighborhood families attending CPMA) must complete the online application before the November 13 deadline. Click here for more information.
- All deliveries to school, including lunches, clothing, items of celebration, etc., must be made thorough the main office for safety reasons; food deliveries are not allowed by anyone other than a parent.
- Join us for an afternoon of bowling on Saturday, October 14, 3:30 pm at Kearny Mesa Bowl. This is a fundraiser for Madison's Parent Involvement Committee. Click on the link below for the flier.