Four Seasons A+ Spotlight
Important Dates and Events
No School - Monday, January 18 - Martin Luther King Day
No School - January 25 - 29, 2021 Teachers are preparing for in person learning
Dates for return to Four Seasons A+ Elementary in person learning
PK-2nd Grade - February 1, 2021
3rd-5th Grade - February 16, 2021
APTT Conferences are coming soon!
APTT#2, will occur starting Feb. 1 for all of Grade 5, Pappa's class in First Grade and Nelson/ Gaslin in Kindergarten.
Message from Principal Jennifer Mickelson
Hello Four Seasons A+ Families,
We hope you and your family are doing well. In December, our Superintendent, Dr. Gothard, announced that our Pre-K through 2nd grade students will be returning to school full time, face to face, on February 1st, 2021. 3rd-5th graders will return to school full time, face to face on February 16th, 2021. If your family would like to remain in distance learning, please enroll in Virtual Learning School by Friday, January 8th. Here is what you need to know when making a decision that is best for your family (please keep in mind that as we navigate this complex process, things may change):
- Enrollment requests made by the deadline will be prioritized to keep students at their current schools and in their current programs. Enrollment requests received after that date will be processed and may result in a Virtual Learning School assignment in a different school. Four Seasons A+ will make every effort to keep all of our K-5 students with our Four Seasons A+ teachers.
- To the extent possible, it is our priority that all students will remain connected to their currently enrolled school. Depending on enrollment and staffing, there may be situations where Virtual Learning School students are in classes with students across the district. If student(s) in the Virtual Learning School are placed in classes outside their current school, it will not impact their enrollment status at their current school for the 2021-22 school year.
- At Four Seasons A+, we currently have three sections of Virtual Learning School. They are K-1st, 2nd-3rd, and 4th-5th. This means that our students who enroll in Virtual Learning School will be taught by our very own Four Seasons A+ teachers. This may change if the number of students enrolled changes.
- Enrolling in the Virtual Learning School does not impact enrollment at your student’s home school for the 2021-22 school year. Students will be able to return to their home school for the 2021-22 school year.
- We are still waiting for direction on Virtual Learning School for our Pre-K students. As soon as we know something, we will contact our Pre-K families who have enrolled in Virtual Learning School with details.
- As we transition to full time, face to face learning, there may have to be changes to students’ classroom assignments as some of our teachers will be teaching virtually. If your child’s classroom assignment changes, we will contact you in the upcoming week. Rest assured that all of our Four Seasons A+ Classroom teachers are committed to doing their best for all of our students. We appreciate your flexibility during this transition.
- Bussing information will be sent out in the upcoming weeks. If you need to update your contact information, please contact our head clerk, Michele Brinkhaus via email Michele.Brinkhaus@spps.org or leave a voicemail at 651. 290.7595 (we will not be working in the building until January 19th).
- To provide teachers with planning and set up time to transition to face to face learning, students will not have distance learning classes January 25th-29th as teachers will be preparing for students’ return to school.
- Contact: Student Placement Center by phone at 651-632-3760 or by email at email@example.com. if you have questions regarding placements.
- You may also contact our Principal, Jennifer Mickelson, with specific questions and/or concerns regarding Four Seasons A+. She can be reached via email Jennifer.Mickelson@spps.org and/or mobile phone (text or voice) 651. 358. 0940.
With the continuous day to day changes and decisions that are being made within our lives, It can feel difficult to make sure your voice is heard when decisions are being made .Often these decisions have direct impact on our lives and the lives of our students. Families At The Table (FATT) is creating a space for SPPS families to discuss our own personal educational experiences and use them to organize and advocate for what our children need to be successful as leaders of their generation as well as agents of change. Please join us for one of our first initial meetings Jan.12th Tue 7:00pm or Jan.15th Fri 10:00 am so we can begin connecting and making our voices heard.
We will be meeting virtually by way of Google Meets using code: FATT23
Family and Community Connections
Comcast Internet Essentials
Comcast has a program called Internet Essentials that provides affordable internet and laptop computers for eligible families.
- High Speed Internet for just $9.95/month.
- Laptops for $149.00 - which includes Microsoft Office, Norton Security Suite and a 90 day warranty.
Not sure if you qualify or are ready to apply? Start your application and they'll let you know, just click here and start!
Expo Elementary Food Share
There is a food share for our families the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
540 Warwick Street, St. Paul
5 to 6 p.m. Please wear a mask.
Wellstone Center Food Market
The Wellstone Center Food Market is now providing emergency bags for you and your family. To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff and volunteers, they are now providing curbside pick-up. When you arrive, please call (651) 789-2534. Please wait in your car and someone will bring out your food. You will be responsible for loading your food into your car.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. and 2–4 p.m. You may also request delivery.