SCHS Music Notes
March 3, 2020
Please make sure that you are receiving these newsletters via the email address you signed up for (and check your spam filter). I am sending out links through LoopMail this week and next to get everyone back on the mailing list, but if you don't see this in your non-School Loop inbox, please be sure to SUBSCRIBE by clicking the button below.
SCSBOA Festival: Chamber Orchestra & Orchestra Only*
Parking is complicated at this site so please be sure to read the following linked documents:
- 12:00: Call Time
- 12:30: Warm Up
- 1:00: Perform
- 1:30: Sight-Read
- 3:30: Call Time
- 4:00: Warm Up
- 4:30: Perform
- 5:00: Sight-Read
District Band Concert 3/25 at CHS
Itinerary for the day 3/25
***All students will be responsible for bringing their own stand (and returning it to SCHS).
- 3:45pm- All Schools arrive at CHS for mass rehearsal --We will put cases on walkway between upstairs doors (Signs where each school will go)
- 4:00pm- Mass Band rehearsal begins
- 5:00pm- Dinner (Students can purchase a pizza dinner from CHS Band Boosters that evening for $5 OR bring their own food.)
- 5:30pm- Students who are interested may watch CHS drumline warm-up behind the gym
- 5:50pm- Students are to be in the gym in visitor bleachers upstairs/Drumline set up floor
- 6:00pm- Concert Begins
Volunteers needed for Succulent Project
Festival of the Arts
Check out our new website with all the info on it. While it's still under construction, we will be adding more info as we get it.
Disney Soundtrack Workshop on 5/1!!!
This opportunity is open to 3rd Trimester Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra, and Wind Ensemble Students.
Please visit the button link below to learn more and to submit your intent to join us.
Awards Banquet Save the Date!
Summer is Closer than you think!
Young Leaders in Music Education
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.