Tim Berners Lee
Tim Berners Lee is the man who invented the world wide web. With his genius invention, he became very famous all over the world and then he got rich.
Facts about Tim Berners Lee:
- Tim Berners Lee made the first communication between an HTTP (Hypest transfer protocol) client and server through the internet in November, 1989.
- He received a knighthood in 2004 from queen Elizabeth II.
- He is the director of the world wide web consortium (W3C) a group set up to oversee the development of the world wide web.
- He was honored during the opening ceremony of the 2012 summer Olympics in London.
- He was born on 8th June 1955 in London.
- In 2001, Tim Berners-Lee became a Fellow of the Royal Society.
- He was a very keen train spotter when he was a child and he enjoyed playing with model railways.
- He has admitted that the pair of slashes (//) in web addresses ended up being unnecessary. He said he could have designed URLs without them, but didn’t realise at the time.
- He was one of Time Magazine’s ‘100 Most Important People of the 20th Century’.
- He is sometimes referred to as TimBL.
Tim Berners Lee is the man who made life so much better.