"Be the turning point in teaching, leading, and learning"
GMS Weekly Announcements
October 14, 2019
It is the mission of Greenbrier Middle School to empower students to be successful, productive leaders in society. We are devoted to an engaging and rigorous curriculum, a safe and student-centered environment, and innovative teaching and learning that is built on stakeholder collaboration to educate the whole child.
GMS Ranked #1 Best Middle School in Faulkner County and #1 Best Middle School Teachers in Faulkner County
GMS Packed the Panther Way!
GMS football team played a great game against Russellville Monday night and came out with a victory.
GMS Food Drive
GMS students brought food for our Fall food drive and worked blocked their door to help "Block Out Hunger."
UCA students collaborate with Mrs. Talley's Science class to identify and change independent and dependent variables by making helicopters.
GMS Food Drive
November 1-NO SCHOOL for Students (Teacher Professional Development)
GMS Teacher Remind Codes
Click here for Remind codes.
Figurative Language Review
Mr. Bennett, Mrs. Atkinson, and other GMS staff enjoyed a friendly competition throughout the day with students in Mrs. Thrasher's class who were reviewing roots and figurative language.
Staff and students enjoyed dressing up this week to celebrate Freedom Week at GMS
Grit 2 Great
GMS students are showing GRIT through enrichment opportunities during Fast Focus. We had visitors from other schools around the state during this time and were able to share our story.
Figurative Language Review
GMS T-shirts ONLY $10!
- If you haven't already, please complete the Free and Reduced lunch application. Even if you do not think you will qualify, it can still help our school if you go ahead and complete the form. Please use the following address and scroll down to Meal Applications. https://family.titank12.com/
- We have received a lot of positive feedback on our new car rider line route. To help things flow as quickly as possible, we ask that you let your child know which line you will be using so that they can be standing on that side of the pick up line. This will especially be important in bad weather when students will not be able to be standing outside.
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:15 p.m. Please remember to pull up as close as possible to the car in front of you. This allows us to load several students at one time.
- Tardy Bell rings at 7:55 when instruction begins for the day.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child.
6th Grade: 11:10-11:40
7th Grade: 12:10-12:40
Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
New Drop Off and Pick Up Routes for Middle School and Jr. High
- GMS holds our students accountable to complete ALL assignments and therefore we have a "no zero policy. Every student will complete every assignment! If a student does not have an assignment from the previous week completed by the end of the school day on Tuesday, their name will be placed on the ICU list. Once a student's name is placed on the ICU list on Tuesday, they must go to ICU the following day even if they complete the assignment Tuesday evening. They will be given an extended learning activity for extra practice. However, if the student turns the assignment in on Wednesday, they will be taken off the list and will not have to attend ICU on Thursday. If student is still on the list on Friday, they will go to ICU during lunch and during their electives in order to be given the extra time needed to complete quality work. PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO COMPLETE EVERY ASSIGNMENT ON TIME TO AVOID BEING PLACED ON THE ICU LIST.
- October 14th-17th ACT Aspire Interim 1 Assessments
- October 19th- Fall Festival Evening of Fun and Games
- October 22nd- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 29th- Flu Shots
- Football-October 14 at Morrilton 5:00
- Football-October 21 at Searcy 5:00
- Football-October 28-Vilonia at home 5:00
Bus Route Information
Titan School Meal Payment System
Free/Reduced Meal Application
Greenbrier Middle School
Principal, Bryce Bennett email@example.com
Asst. Principal, Rachel Atkinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Susan Bradley email@example.com
Nurse, Dollie Greene firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Tami Buchanan email@example.com