Happenings @ the Hill
Volume 1 Issue 2
Pay It Forward Projects Continued
Our Pay It Forward Project for Susan G. Komen foundation continues with:
- $5 Sundaes on Monday - Each Monday this month, students may donate $5 and receive a Sundae to enjoy at lunch.
- $1 Hat Day on Tuesday - Each Tuesday this month, students may donate $1 and wear a hat during school.
- Wear PINK on Wednesdays and donate loose change to your homeroom PINK piggy bank.
- Upcoming Day: October 26 Cozy Comfort Day - donate $1 and wear your cozy lounging pants or onesie to school.
Shoe Drive - We are still collecting gently used shoes in our main lobby for Fort Mill High School Marching Band.
The Fort Mill High School Band, https://www.fortmillhsband.com/, is conducting a shoe drive fundraiser on September 20 to November 21, 2018 to raise funds for the Band’s trip to the Harrogate Music Festival in England in April 2019. Fort Mill is proud to be one of the select bands from around the world invited to perform. The Fort Mill Band will earn funds based on the total weight of the pairs of gently worn, used and new shoes collected, in collaboration with an organization called Funds2Orgs. Those dollars will be used to ship instruments and uniforms to England for the festival.
FLEX THIS WEEK
During FLEX times this week:
- Monday - Continue reading Pay It Forward
- Tuesday - Upstanders Meeting in Lab 201; DC Trip Info Meeting for chaperones and students in media center
- Wednesday - House Meeting (wear your House shirt)
- Thursday - FLEX
- Friday - Continue reading Pay It Forward/SSR for classes that are finished
- 7th grade volleyball championship game versus Fort Mill @ FMMS
- Quarter 1 Make Today Count Tally Sheets due today.
- 8th grade volleyball championship game versus Pleasant Knoll @ PKMS
- SS classes participating in Day of National Concern: http://www.pledge.org/day-of-national-concern & Public Service Announcement @ Day of National Concern: http://www.pledge.org/psa / Student participation in the Pledge is optional.
- Incentive Day (during Related Arts classes)
October 18 & 19
- DC Trip (18th & 19th)
- Earthquake/Fire Drill (18th)
- Weather Makeup Day (19th)