February 2, 2018
SAVE THE DATE!
- February 7 - PTO Meeting, 6 pm @ CES
- February 9 - PTO School Carnival
- February 14 - Count Day!
- February 16 - Half Day of School
- February 19 - No School - President's Day
- February 20-23 - CES/CUES Book Fair @ CUES
- February 23 - Book Bingo, 6-8 pm @ CUES
- February 23 - Junior High Dance @ the Fitness Center, 6:30-8:30
- March 3 -CES/CUES Daddy Daughter Dance 6-8 pm
- March 12 - Professional Development - No School for Students
- March 15 - Blood Drive @ CCHS
- March 16 - Book Bingo, 6-8 pm
- March 29 - Half Day of School
- March 30 - April 6 - Spring Break
- April 9-13 - Senior Trip To New York
- April 14 - CES/CUES Mother Son Night
- April 18 - Junior High Spring Pictures
- April 28 - Prom
- May 7-11 - CES/CUES BOGO Book Fair
- May 8-12 - Junior High DC field trip
- May 18 - Seniors Last Day
- May 28 - No School - Memorial Day
- May 31 - 6th Grade Glow Dance
- June 1 - Graduation - Jackson College Potter Center
JCEC: Paving the Way to College or Career
The Columbia School District is participating in the Jackson County Early College (JCEC) program through a partnership with the other public school districts in Jackson County. This new early college program paves the way for Columbia students to move from a traditional k-12 approach to a more vigorous k-14 conduit that will be personalized for our students.
The Jackson County Early College program will assist students gain a post-secondary education while still in high school They may take courses along a path to earn an Associate’s degree, certification, credential, or skill set. The early college program is deliberately designed to guarantee transferability of credits to four-year universities. Our program is designed so students may begin their college education as early as their freshman year and remain in the program through their 13th year to a maximum of 60 credits.
Courses in the program will be taught on a college schedule. Many college courses will take place during the traditional school day, while some will be evening or weekend classes. Students may ride buses to and from Jackson College along with our Jackson Area Career Center students. If the courses are in the evenings or weekends, transportation will be the responsibility of the student. Students will be able to continue to participate in any courses offered at Columbia Central or Options High School if appropriate based on each student’s schedule. Each student will pay for their own college textbooks.
Participation in the program begins with students preparing for taking college classes by satisfying prerequisites. This program is open to all Columbia students, including students who attend through the school of choice program, even if they do not reside in Jackson County. Columbia Central and Options High School students and parents will be invited to informational meetings to learn further details of the JCEC program. If you have questions regarding the Jackson County Early College program or any program at Columbia School District, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-592-6641.
GOLDEN CASH BASH & BUFFET DINNER TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!
The 4th annual Golden Cash Bash will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm at the Gene Davis & Sons Banquet & Convention Center. The cost is $80 per ticket, and each ticket will admit two people. Tickets are available for purchase in all district offices.
Preventing the Flu: Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs
- Avoid close contact with people that are sick
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Washing your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Practice good health habits by cleaning and disinfecting surfaces often, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of sleep, and eat nutritious food
Golden Eagles Baseball and Softball Club Registration
The GEBSC has extended the deadline for baseball/softball registration. Please register by 7:00pm on February 18, 2018.
The online form can be found at www.goldeneaglesbsc.com
Girls Middle School Basketball
February 5 - @ Ida, 5 pm
February 7 - Home Vs. Blissfield, 5 pm
February 12 - @ Mason, 5 pm
February 14 - @ Hudson, 5 pm
February 19 - @ Hillsdale, 5 pm
February 21 - @ Dundee, 5 pm
February 26 - Home Vs. Ida, 5 pm
February 28 - @ Blissfield, 5 pm
March 5 - Home Vs. Mason, 5 pm
March 7 - Home Vs. Hudson, 5 pm
March 12 - Home Vs. Hillsdale, 5 pm
Girls Varsity Cheer
February 8 - Columbia Invitational
February 10 - Saline Cheer Invitational, TBA
February 16 - Districts @ CCHS
Junior High Wrestling
February 5 - @ Madison, 5 pm
February 10 - Hillsdale Individual Tournament, TBA
February 15 - @ Hudson, 5 pm
February 17 - LCAA Tournament, TBA
February 24 - Jr. Jaws - Jackson, 8 am
CCHS Seniors participating in the Junior Achievement Reality Fair!
CCJH student, Zoie Bamm, took First place in the Jackson Center Stage Singing Competition!
Senior, Cameron Palmer, signs to Bowl for Spring Arbor University!