5th Grade News
May 26, 2016-Thursday Update
We still need some help! Click on the box below to sign up to help with End of Year stuff
Coming Up...EOG Reminders
- Fri., May 27 & Mon., May 30 NO SCHOOL (Teacher Workday & Memorial Day)
- Wed., June 1- Reading EOG
- Thurs., June 2- Math EOG
- Fri., June 3-Science EOG
- Mon., May 6th- Field Day
- Tues.-Wed., June 7-8-"5th Grade Celebration" Days (Sign Up Genius)
- Wed., June 8 @6:30-5th Grade Promotion Ceremony
Promotion Procedures & Attire
- Students need to arrive at 6:00 PM and report to their homeroom.
- Parents – Please report to the multi-purpose room.
- We would greatly appreciate it if parents would not come to the classroom with their child so we can get them settled and ready for the ceremony.
- There will be a short reception following the ceremony.
- 5th grade students do not need to attend school on Thursday, June 9th and will still be counted present.
- Dress, skirt (knee length or longer), or dress pants/slacks
- Short sleeve shirt (no tank tops or spaghetti straps)
- If the dress or shirt has thin straps then please wear a light sweater over it.
- Shoes/sandals you are used to walking in (Please don’t wear heels you are wearing for the first time. You have to walk up steps and across the stage.)
- Dress pants/khakis (no shorts)
- Dress shirt or 3 button polo shirt with collar
- No t-shirts
- Dress/casual shoes
Promotion Ceremony Invitation
You should have received an email containing your invitation to the 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony. The ceremony will be on Wednesday, June 8th at 6:30 p.m. Please feel free to forward/send the link to anyone else you would like to have an invitation.
If you did not get an invitation, 1st-check your junk mail (from pingg.com) if you can not find it, 2nd-click on the following link. http://www.pingg.com/view_announcements/a655njd7kd84p8x37/index .
Field Day-Postponed until Monday, June 6th
Due to the inclement weather, our Field Day has been cancelled and rescheduled for June 6.
Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who signed up for tomorrow, we hope that you will be able to adjust your schedule and be available to help us with this fun event on June 6th.
Thank you for your understanding and cross your fingers for a beautiful Carolina blue sky on June 6th!
Please contact Mr. Cole at email@example.com for any questions about volunteering.