MacArthur 4K News
January 4th, 2016
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!!
I am so excited to see the kids after the long break!
This Week in 4K:
- Library Story Time - Monday
- Lending Library Checkout - Monday
- We will be reviewing our routines and classroom expectations since we've been off for almost two weeks!
- We will have some share time to talk about our Christmas Breaks and some of our favorite gifts.
- We will be reviewing our shape chart and will work on naming and describing shapes. (Circle, square, rectangle, triangle and hexagon) We will count the number of sides and corners each shape has.
- We will be doing journal writing on Thursday and will continue to work on drawing a picture with details and adding some labels to our pictures (beginning sounds of words or beginning and ending sounds).
- Please send your child's winter clothes (snowpants, boots, mittens/gloves, and hats) to school daily. We will try to get outside to play as much as we can during the winter as long as it is warm enough and we have enough time. Continue having your child practice putting their own gear on. We will continue to go to the gym on Thursdays.
- Miss Jenny will introduce the iPads to the students next Monday during library time and they will be listening to an interactive story on it.