COSTA RICA TRAINING #2
CBC YOUTH MINISTRY
WHY WE ARE GOING
Answer: To glorify God and enjoy him forever.
How do we do this? By submitting to his rule and reign over our heart, mind, and soul.
What's next? To share this good news (Gospel) with those who are still seeking answers, lost in hopelessness, running away from the only One who can satisfy their souls.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures (1Co 15:3-4)
This training prepares the participant to understand and articulate the Gospel to everyone and anyone they come in contact with. Whether it is the customs agent at the airport, the hotel clerk, LA Ranch staff, students at the schools, or other pastors we need to know, own, and articulate the gospel.
We've said that there you will meet two groups of people:
1. Those who do not yet know the goodness and wonder of Jesus Christ and the life that accompanies it. For those you will be sharing the good news to them in a way where they understand it.
2. Those who already know the Gospel but will need your discipleship, reminder, and encouragement. Just because they are already Christian doesn't mean there is not spiritual discussions with them.
Watch these 4 videos and as you watch them, write down all the elements of the Gospel. From there you will need to condense it down to about 2-4 minutes and contextualize it.
The task now after watching these videos is practice sharing this Gospel with your friends and people you normally come in contact with. The homework for training #2 is to identify 3 people and share the Gospel with them - 2 of which cannot be a close Christian friend.
ADDITIONAL HOMEWORK FOR TRAINING #2
- 5 common greetings. Imagine yourself there with the people and how you want to greet them.
- 3 Conversation starters (ex. "how is your day going?", "did you have a good meal?", "what's your favorite thing to do?"
- How can I pray for you?
- Can I share the Gospel with you?
7 Weeks Left for Fundraising
Here are some helpful tips:
- Share with people the vision of the trip. Don't just ask them for money, but paint a picture of what this trip can do. Let them know that this trip has the potential to bring other groups down to Costa Rica and get this community more help. This camp can strengthen the churches as they work together. This trip is able to equip the local pastors there with more resources so they can help their communities grow.
- Target your closest friend groups first. Even if they are non Christian, this is an awesome opportunity for you to see why the Gospel is beautiful.
BELOW IS A SAMPLE SUPPORT LETTER
ABOUT US: CBC YOUTH MINISTRY