Hearne Family Newsletter
Week of February 1, 2021
Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year, Mr. Garcia!
Congratulations to our ESL Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Law!
Congratulations to our Bilingual Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Ledesma!
TELPAS Season is around the corner!
Hi Husky Families,
I hope you had a great week! As we close out the month of January and move into February, please know that about 70% of our students will begin participating in the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS). Students will be evaluated in the areas of reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The Texas Education Agency designed the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) and TELPAS Alternate to assess the progress that limited English proficient (LEP) students, also referred to as English learners (ELs), make in learning the English language. In-Person students will take the TELPAS while on campus. We will be inviting our virtual students to campus to take their assessment in the month of February. We thank you in advance for your support in helping us assess all our students so we can best meet their needs and celebrate their growth.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you and your families. We are here for you!
Stay safe, well, and encouraged!
STUDENT CONSENT FORM FOR OPTIONAL COVID-19 TESTING/ FORMULARIO DE CONSENTIMIENTO PARA LA PRUEBA DE DETECCIÓN DE COVID-19 EN ESTUDIANTES
The Alief ISD takes the health and safety of our students and their families very seriously. As such, in addition to steps to screen for the virus and prevent its spread on a campus, we are adding a voluntary K-12 COVID-19 testing program for students. This program uses Abbott Laboratories BinaxNOW tests provided by the federal government. We will only test with your consent. If you are willing to provide consent for us to administer this test on your child or yourself (if student age 18 or older), please fill out this form.
El Alief ISD toma muy en serio la salud y seguridad de nuestros alumnos y sus familias. Por lo tanto, además de las medidas de detección del virus para prevenir su propagación en el campus, incorporamos un programa de pruebas voluntario para detectar COVID-19 en estudiantes desde kínder hasta el 12 ° grado. Este programa utiliza los test llamados BinaxNOW del laboratorio Abbott proporcionados por el gobierno federal. Solo haremos la prueba con su consentimiento. Si está dispuesto a dar su consentimiento a que se realice esta prueba en usted o en su hijo (si el estudiante tiene 18 años o más), complete este formulario
Repeated Information Below Applicable to Each Week
Safety is a team effort. Thank you for helping us keep our students and staff safe each day. This dashboard is updated daily.
Student Arrival Locations
Breakfast is free for all students until 7:50 AM.
Students will be released in this order:
- Bus Riders
- Car Riders (please expect delays)
All car riders will receive a number tag for all students and siblings. This must be visible and hanging for all vehicles.
Updated School Supplies List:
- Each student should have a personal water bottle, filled with water at home
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitation wipes
- Masks that cover nose and mouth
- Personal crayons/markers
- Personal pencils
- Personal notebooks
Students must have their own supplies. Students will not be allowed to share any supplies, such as markers, pencils, and scissors.
All students who borrowed technology, should bring it back to campus for in-person learning
Thank you for taking good care of the devices!
Don't forget the charger!
Students may bring their own device (laptop or iPads only) to school for in-person learning, according to our BYOD Policy.
Students are responsible for personal devices.
COVID-19 Student Absence Policy
- On-Campus Student Absences: If an on-campus student is absent for a reason that is acceptable to the administrator, the student can still earn the daily attendance credit by fulfilling the remote attendance requirement. Students should log in to the teacher's Zoom and complete assignments in Schoology to be counted present remotely.
- If a student is unable to attend school (including remote learning) because the student is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or because the student has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the absence is to be recorded as an excused absence. As with any medically excused absence, the student will be required to provide documentation.
- Visitors will not be allowed without an appointment. Visitors must wear a mask and will be screened before entry.
- Visitors will not be allowed to eat lunch with their children. We encourage all parents to send student lunches in the morning with students.
- At this time, we are not allowing cupcakes, snacks, or goodie bags for student birthdays. Teachers will work to make birthdays special in the classroom.