HTS Annual Bike To Bay - May 21st!
Registration Now Open! March 21, 2016
Register for Bike To Bay and Sign up for Pledge Star!
Bike to Bay is Saturday, May 21, so please register. Also, create a Pledge Star account! Pledge Star is a web based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your families and friends, and from them to make secure credit card donations online.
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/hope
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- Follow the instructions on-screen
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online.
Call 1-888-598-7510 if you need help.
Bike To Bay Trail
This year, the Bike to Bay course will be extended to include the Marsh Loop Bay Trail (this extends the course for another two miles-see picture above). We normally would turn around at the start of Adobe Creek.
There will be volunteers and water stations along the new course to direct you. A couple of things to note of the extended course: It is a gravel trail (non paved, see picture above) therefore, it is upon the participant's to determine whether they would like to continue on the course.
For this reason, we have marked the courses as the following: picture of map below and the gravel trail. You may choose the course that best suits your family. We will be handing out a hard copy of the Bay Trail map as the date approaches.
Follow the red markers on the map labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Route 1- The Road Less Traveled is start at mile 1 then to the left
Route 2- Open Road is start at mile 1 pass mile 2 up to fork in road where paved road ends
Route 3- Marsh Loop Bay Trail starts at mile 1 to mile 4 and then turns around.
Should you have any questions regarding this or anything else related to Bike to Bay, please do not hesitate to contact Nina Ponterio at 650.464.0832.
Bike to Bay FAQs
1) Do I have to be present for my child to participate in Bike to Bay? All students must be supervised by a parent, guardian or designee for this event.
2) When and where is Bike to Bay? Bike to Bay is Saturday, May 21, 2016. The event will take place at 2525 E Bayshore Road, Palo Alto CA 94303 at the rear school parking lot and along Palo Alto Baylands Trail.
3) What time does everything begin?
Registration begins at 10:00am. The ride begins at 10:30am. Lunch and activities open at 11:30am. The event ends at 1pm.
4) Other than biking, what else is there for students to do during the event? There will be other fun activities that children can participate in, including face painting, bounce castles, games and prizes.
5) When does registration open and close?
Registration opens March 21st and will close May 16th.
6) How do we register and how much is registration?
Registration can be done on-line at https://www.hopetechschool.org/biketobay or through the attached registration form. The cost of registration is $35.00 per person and includes a t-shirt, lunch & prizes.
All participants are required to pay $35.00 to attend the event regardless of whether they will be participating on the trail.
7) How do we collect pledges and when are they due?
Pledges can be collected two ways: through the online system www.pledgestar.com and/or can be physically turned in using the attached sheet. Pledges can be turned in the day of the event or no later than 5/31/2016. Pledge envelopes will be distributed to each student, please be sure to write your child’s name on it. Pledges can be collected up to a week after the event and are due 5/31/2016. If your child does not participate in Bike to Bay, straight donations are still appreciated!
8) When do we get our Bike to Bay shirts? Shirts will be distributed one week before the event to students in their classes.
9) What other items does my child need on the day of Bike to Bay? Sunscreen, a hat, comfortable walking shoes and a reusable water bottle would be helpful and are encouraged.
10) What other ways can I help? Parent volunteers are what makes this fundraiser such a memorable and successful event. If you would like to help out behind the scenes before or on the day of the event, please contact Karen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also be a sponsor for the event. Sponsorship opportunities will be noted on the on-line registration form.
11) Where do we park? You may park in the adjacent building parking lot to the left of the school in the designated parking spots.
12) Are prizes awarded? Yes, students will earn class and individual prizes in various categories. Each child will receive a medal the day of the event.