Compass Classroom News
September 19, 2014
Change in Picture Day Date
Skills We Are Working On
- Being a problem solver
- Having a growth mindset
- Being safe with technology. We are starting to use our classroom's devices! More information will go home when we are ready to be full-blown BYOD.
- Sight word reading
- We continue to work on being proactive - you are in charge of you! Check out our website's blog for more information.
- Place value, counting, and addition/subtraction to 20
- Comparing the needs of plants and animals
- Individual goal tracking. Right now we are tracking math and behavior
What to Expect Next Week
- More and more technology!
- Stars and Stairs
Next Week's Specials Rotation
Monday - ArtTuesday - Leadership Skills
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - P.E.
Friday - Art
Show and Tell
Starting next Friday (September 12th), students will be allowed to bring one item from home to share. This item must be able to fit inside of their backpacks. If the item is small (a Littlest Pet Shop figure, for example), students may bring more than one as long as they fit inside of a small pencil pouch.
Students will bring the items to school, share them with their classmates in the Compass Classroom, and then invite a friend from their grade level classroom to share with them.
We are excited to help students build relationships with their classmates! Please let us know if you have any questions!
We are still sending home daily sheets that state your child's color and percentage of points for the day.
Our Class Behavior Goal
Our Goals for Students
1. We want them to be safe.
2. We want them to make friends.
3. We want them to learn.
It is important to us to have high, but realistic, expectations for students. We want them to get to be with their grade level class as much as possible - when they are ready. This timeline is different for each child in our class. Our school district's mission is "Preparing EACH student for a successful and meaningful life." This is something we are all striving and working for.