Excellus Healthy Rewards
Thank you to everyone who took time to review Excellus’ Healthy Rewards program and Rally platform, joined the Excellus Rally webinar, and logged in to Rally. Since Elmira CSD started with Rally on 7/1, 326 members have created a Rally login, including 98 new logins during the campaign that ran from 10/16/2020 – 11/9/2020. All 360 members were entered into a raffle drawing to receive a FREE Instapot and the lucky winner is Shelly Macpherson. Please join the wellness committee in congratulating Shelly when you see her.
Click the video link below for a special message from our raffle winner, Shelly!
Coming to the end of the calendar year it is important for members to redeem their available rewards. It's encouraged members keep in mind these three points:
*Redeem rewards by December 30, 2020
*December 31, 2020 is a blackout date for Rally
*January 1, 2021 members can begin earning rewards again
If you haven’t had the chance to log into the Rally platform you are in luck. Click HERE to view a short Rally tutorial that will help you get logged in where you can start earning points today!
10-day Whole Food Plant Based Challenge
A whole-food, plant based diet is based on the following principles:
- Whole Food describes natural foods that are not processed. This means whole, unrefined (or minimally refined) ingredients.
- Plant-based means food that comes from plants and does NOT contain animal ingredients such as meat, milk, eggs, or honey.
What to do in the time leading up to the challenge:
1) Increase your vegetable and fruit intake. By adding more produce, you will help develop a taste for plant foods and transition to a higher-fiber diet. Be open to discovering new items in
your produce section.
2) Fill at least 3/4 your plate (or more!) with produce, grains or beans, and begin downsizing
your meat serving. Make a large salad or swap in chopped mushrooms or tofu for half of the ground meat you'd normally use in tacos or chili.
3) If you include meat in your meals, stick to small amounts and choose lean cuts. First, focus on decreasing the amount of processed meat you eat (bacon, hot dogs, and sausage).
4) Plan out a few plant-based meals each week where you eat no meat, fish, dairy, or eggs. Ease into it and be sure to give your body extra time to prepare!
5 Benefits of a Plant Based Diet
1. It supports your immune system. Plants have essential nutrients that you cannot get from other foods. The vitamins and minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants in plants help keep your cells healthy and your body in balance so that your immune system can function at its best.
5. A plant-based diet reduces your risk for other diseases too. The benefits of eating mostly plants has been shown to reduce your risk for cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and some mental health illnesses.
Inward Office - Virtual Fitness, Yoga & Meditation
This holiday program offers FREE virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes through 1/11/2021. Participants can sign up for ANY class that's scheduled on the livestream schedule with Promo code: ELMIRA100
There is no better time to care for yourself than the present moment.
Instructions to sign-up for a class:
- Click HERE to visit the Inward Office class registration site (also copied below)
- Click “sign up now” for the class you’d like to attend, then enter a valid email address under “create an account” (do not uncheck Schedule & Reminder Emails), and then click “next”
- Enter all required demographic information, check the liability waiver box and click “Create Account”
- Click “Make Single Reservation” or “Weekly Reservation” then choose “Corporate Sponsorship” and enter Promo Code: ELMIRA100
- Click “Apply” to zero-out your total and then choose “checkout” to finish
- To complete transaction you must “place your order”
- You will receive these emails: New account email (one time), receipt, and confirmation that you are in the class.
- 1-2 hours before the class is to begin, you will get an email from "email@example.com" or firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to join class (add these emails to your contacts to ensure delivery!)
Questions on this process - call Marla at 585-905-1188 or email email@example.com