The Cozine Connection
Stay Informed about the Cozine Community
Cozine Climber Updates - February 17
A Note From Cozine:
We know you are anxious to learn more about the Hybrid model. We are excited to announce we have a Family Informational video below for you. We hope this answers many of your questions as we transition to having students in the building again.
Our cohort assignments are ready to send out! You'll receive an email this week with your child's assigned cohort and teacher. If you don't receive your email please let us know! This means we don't have your updated information and we want to make sure you aren't left out.
Ms. Jodi Notch and Ms. Lisa Dalton
Key Details about In-Person Learning
First Day for Cohort A students: Monday, March 1
First Day for Cohort B students: Thursday, March 4
Arrival: 8:40 am
Start of School Day: 9:00 am
Tardy Bell: 9:05 am
Dismissal: 3:11 pm*
NEW THIS YEAR:
Goodbye at the Gate - our campus including our school building and our playground, is open only to staff and students. Please say your goodbyes at the gate. We have staff to assist students in getting to their classroom.
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed from the Kindergarten playground
- 1st-3rd grade students will be dismissed from the double gates to the right of the MP Room
- Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd-3rd grade students that have siblings will be dismissed at 3:00p
- 2nd-3rd grade students without siblings will be dismissed as soon as the younger students have left the blacktop (we expect this to be around 3:05-3:10pm)
- Parents and guardians will need to pick students up at the gate as only school staff and students are permitted on the playground/blacktop area
Items Needed to Bring to School
- 2 masks, one to wear, and a spare
- Chromebook and charger
- Backpack, to safely carry Chromebook
- Water bottle. Our drinking fountains are turned off, for safety. Soda, juice, etc are not allowed in water bottles. Only water is allowed in the classrooms.
- We will provide all other needed items for students
- Lanyard to hold mask while not in use (like those for eyeglasses)
- Sack Lunch. Students can bring a lunch, or eat for free in our cafeteria.
- Extra clothing to prevent trips to the Health Office or being sent home for soiled items
Items NOT Allowed
- Toys, candy, gum, distractors
Key Details about Distance Learning
First Day for Cohort C (Distance Learning) Schedule Changes: Monday, March 1
First Day for Cohort A students ONLINE: Wednesday, March 3
First Day for Cohort B students ONLINE: Monday, March 1
Start of Distance Learning School Day: 9:00 am
Expectations - Students that are on Cohort C or on their Distance Learning days of Cohorts A and B will be learning
Schedule- Please look in next week's Cozine Connection for the updated Distance Learning schedule
Lifeline Learning Program
Through the Lifeline Program, Licensed School Mental Health Professionals will gain insight into the social and emotional well being of our students. This will allow our school staff to better serve our students and provide preventative services.
Participation in the survey is voluntary, and is available for students in grades 3-5. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like community resources for your family please contact our School Counselor Ms. Holroyd at (702) 799-0690 ext. 4301. We appreciate your support as we embark on this journey of addressing the social and emotional needs of our students.
Reminder: Health Services
FOR PRE-K, KINDER, and FAMILIES NEW TO COZINE:
Health Services has created an electronic version of the Student Health Information form. Due to COVID-19, the health office will not be sending out paper copies. Please complete this survey if your student is new to the Clark County School District or there have been any health-related changes. If the reported health condition(s) of your student has not changed there is no need to complete the survey at this time. Complete the survey HERE.