Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
10/12/15 - 10/16/15
What are we up to?
- Writing - Adding various craft to our writing - using different techniques to make our writing more interesting to the reader.
- ELA - Ask and answer questions to understand what we read
- Math - Greater than, Less than, and Equal to (up to 999)
Khan Academy Practice:
- Science - Magnets
Vocabulary: magnet, poles, attract, repel, magnetic field, magnetic force
- Weekly Words: "ai" vowel team - When two vowels go walkin', the first one does the talkin' (chain, mail, rain, again, hail, paint, tail, praise)
- October 12 - Teacher Workday - Parent Conferences
- October 14 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- October 14 - Go, Play, Save Fundraiser Starts
- October 23 - Mother/Daughter Fall Frolic (see details below)
- October 23 - Special Olympics Shirt Orders Due (see below)
- October 26-30 Red Ribbon Week (see details below)
- October 26 - Report Cards go home
- October 28 - McAlister's Spirit Night
- October 29 - Picture Day
Box Tops are collected every Friday
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS
Book Orders can be placed at any time throughout the year and shipping is free.
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (bottom of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Shop Online: https://clubs2.scholastic.com
Happy Reading :)
Red Ribbon Week
Monday - Neon Day (our future is so bright we don't need drugs)
Tuesday - Boot Day (Stomp out Bullying)
Wednesday - Blue Day (wear blue to show your support for standing up against bullying)
Thursday - Red Ribbon Day (we will give out red ribbons)
Friday - Team Day (Team up to fight against bullying and drugs-favorite jersey/team shirt day)
Special Olympics shirts
Mrs.Colquhoun and Mrs. Pursley are opening up our Special Olympics shirts to the school for order. We are so excited about the design and message!!!!This year we are giving options!!!!! Long or short sleeve, cotton or dri fit!
Prices are the same for youth and adult shirts!
Note....we must have at least 15 of each type to place the order!
Orders are due by October 23rd
Clothing Drive to help our friends at a South Kilbourne Elementary School in Columbia, SC!
What: Clothing Drive for flood victims
For: South Kilbourne Elementary School, Columbia, SC
When: Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Requested items: New or gently used clothing and shoes, new undergarments and gift cards.
Service project to help out the victims of the recent floods. We are reaching out to a school in Columbia, SC where many of the students have been tragically affected and lost everything. Many have been displaced from their homes and are in need of new or gently used clothes or undergarments. As you are pulling out your Fall and Winter clothes and seeing what still fits, please consider donating any items that you may have grown out of. Please send all items grouped in gallon ziploc bags, labeled with the size and gender.
We will need all items by Tuesday, October 13th. Bring donation this Friday or Tuesday.
Your child will be coming home with more information.
"Read Your Way to the Big Game"
The SC Education Oversight Committee (EOC) believes reading is a child’s key to success in school and life. That’s why the EOC is emphasizing reading through its Read Your Way to the Big Game contest. The goal of the contest is to get your child excited about reading!
Entering your child in the contest is simple! Make sure your child reads six reading-level appropriate books, complete the book list on the reverse side of this letter, and return it to your child’s teacher for a chance to win. All students who meet the six-book challenge qualify for the grand prize - a trip to the Palmetto Bowl.There will be two winners - one for USC and one for Clemson. Each winner will receive four tickets, sideline passes, and pre-game activities. Students must choose a team and can only enter once. Participation is limited to students in South Carolina elementary and middle public schools. All students will receive a bookmark. All Forms are Due November 10th!
PARENTS & FAMILIES!
Pick a team:
The Tiger or Cocky and start reading TODAY!
Entering your child in the contest is simple! Make sure your child reads six reading-level appropriate books, complete the book list (see link) and return it to your child's teacher for a chance to win. All contest materials must be returned by November 10th.
Parent Letter - Spanish
2nd/3rd Grade Musical
Thursday, Dec. 3rd, 7pm
1825 Eden Terrace
Rock Hill, SC
On Thursday, December 3 at 7:00PM in the Sullivan Middle School Auditorium, our 2nd and 3rd graders will present the Christmas musical, Arf! On the Housetop.