Wednesday WIN Student Support Time
April 7, 2021
Wednesday WIN Time is back after a 2 week break and just in time for the final week of Quarter 3.
This is the final week of Quarter 3 and students are encouraged to use this Wednesday as a time get support for their learning during this final week of the term.
If your student needs help or support, we are here at EVHS ready to help! Wednesdays are independent learning days on Schoology for all students and teachers are available. We encourage students to check in with their teachers for how they can benefit from this opportunity to support them in their learning.
What is Wednesday WIN Time?
An important part of our new hybrid learning schedule is our Wednesdays WIN Time for students. WIN, or What I Need Now, is dedicated additional time to increase student achievement and success. Our Wednesdays have been a valuable opportunity for students to benefit from additional help with their teachers. These days are focused on helping students improve their learning.
Students are encouraged to:
- use the time to connect individually or in small groups for focused help with their teacher in person or via Zoom,
- come to EVHS for general support time in the Student Commons,
- use this time to individually complete Schoology assignments,
- access our stable WIFI,
- get breakfast and/or lunch,
- get counselor support for social, emotional, mental health.
How will students get help?
- Teachers will post their Wednesday WIN Time plan to Schoology every Tuesday by 3:15pm (in addition to their course Wednesday asynchronous learning expectations).
- Teacher will indicate where and how students can get help.
- Teachers may specifically request student attendance and engagement is expected.
- Students may request help from their teachers directly!
How can my student get help on other days?
Who may attend EVHS Wednesday WIN Time?
- Any student may attend.
- Individual students with at least two non-passing in-progress grades will receive an email each Monday encouraging attendance.
- Individual teachers will identify students who are experiencing difficulties and direct them to participate in a scheduled small group or 1-to-1 in-person or Zoom session (Attendance is expected.)
- Teachers will use feedback from students on Monday and Tuesday for planning their support for students on Wednesday.
- Counselors, Case Managers, ACE/AVID, SPARK Advisors and Administrators may also direct/recommend student attendance and engagement.
Is transportation available?
You do not need to sign up for transportation, normal bus stops will be used 2 hours later than Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
Busing transportation is available for students to EVHS who normally have busing. The bus time will be 2 hours later than the time on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (for example, if your normal time is 7:18am your Wednesday bus pick up time is 9:18am). Buses will be available at 1:42pm (our normal time).
To stop text messages, test "N' to 67587.