Changes Over Time.
-Birth to Three Months:
- Do not have very refined emotions.
- Excitement by looking alert , smiling , or wiggling.
- Distress is shown by crying.
- Children respond to people with smiles and laughter.
- Makes happy sounds as adults play with , hold , or feed them.
- Tears begin to appear.
- Become actively involved with their caregivers.
- They make sounds in response to the speech of others.
- Children have also developed attachment to their caregivers.
- Children still show separation anxiety.
- May cling to a parent who will be leaving soon.
- Children start to take more interest in other children.
- They like to play next to other children , but they do not interact much with them.