September 28, 2015
Week at a Glance
Monday, September 28
- Staff Meeting a 3:45 in library
Tuesday, September 29
- Kerri out to ILT
- Spring Creek BBQ Fundraiser Night 5-8- See Sign Up list in lounge for times
Wednesday, September 30
- Grade Level PLCs
- Michelle out in the afternoon for conselor's meeting
Thursday, Oct. 1
- Jeans and Coats drive
- Kerri out in PM for testing training
Friday, October 2
- Last day of the six weeks-Grades due by Tuesday morning
- 4th grade Collaborative Meeting in the PLC room during your conference
- Fall Pictures-Everyone needs to get thier picture taken for the yearbook
- Technology has become such an important part of our educational system and our world today. We are going to try some new things with technology this year. We are fortunate to have Jeff Samuelson as our technology champion at RES. He is an expert in SMART boards, workstations, Google Docs and much, much more! Jeff is going to be on campus in a few weeks to help with technology in workstations. He will be coming out in the second six weeks one day during your planning to help you with ideas on how to best use your computers, SMART boards and new iPad (ordered and coming soon I hope).
- Jeff also is vey excited about this Fall Digital Learning Camp. The day is going to be centered on what you need to learn. Basically you go to the training and there will be lots of classes and you chose what you want to learn about!
- The BISD School Board approved the purchase order for iPad minis for Project Innovation. Start checking the E-lightened and Digital Newsletters for new classes. The district would like every staff member to have an iPad. Sign up as soon as the classes come out. If you don't get in a class, get on the waiting list! This is what I did and got in.
Tibits of Info
- Thanks to the Site Base Team for staying late on Monday afternoon to give input to the campus plan and budget items!
- Please check in with Lisa McFaddin on details for Spring Creek BBQ Night. Also, please start "talking" up this event with your parents on communication home. The class with the largest attendance wins a great prize!
- Please send home picture information with your students and include info in your communication home.
- You must sign submit a request for your upcoming flex days in Eduphoria to use the days in October and January. You can find the form in Formspace.
- Thanks to all that sent me what you accomplished on your planning day on Friday. You all seemed to use your time wisely and get tons of work done!
- Candiss needs your help with the carnival. She will have a sign up in the lounge soon. If you know of any student groups, church groups, etc. that would like to help out too, please let Candiss know. Also, she has a carnival basket list as well. Remember the carnival is the biggest fundraiser for our PTA! They use the money that they make in all fundraisers to do things for our school.
- We still have several members that have not signed up for PTA or paid social committee dues. Please take care of both of these this week. Thanks!
- Six weeks tests should be given and scanned this week in AWARE. Grades K-5 should give a test in math and science. Grades 2-5 should also give a test in reading.
- Oct. 5: Staff Meeting
- Oct. 6: Writing BOY testing date
- Oct. 7: LOL team meets at BCTAL at 8:00 AM
- Oct. 8: Awards Ceremonies/Report Cards go home
- Oct. 8: Lite Bite Luncheon-DeeDra will send out info about this event
- Oct. 9: Safe Schools Training must be complete
- Oct. 9: District Staff Development: Must sign up in Eduphoria to get credit
- Oct. 12: Flex Day: Must fill out form in Formspace to take off
- Oct. 13: Kerri out to PLC
- Oct. 14: PLCs will look through TEKS for 2nd six weeks tests
- Oct 16: Art/PLC
- Oct. 23: Carnival from 5:00-8:00 PM
- Week of Oct. 26: Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 30: Fundraiser Party
STAR Students at Work
Michelle Rollins has started a new leadership team called STAR (Students Taking Awesome Responsibilities) in Leadership. The students are from fourth and fifth grade and had to fill out an application in order to be considered for this team of leaders. You have already seen some of the students on our morning announcements. There are other students greeting students at the front door, raising and lowering the flag, monitoring the hall, helping in the cafeteria, office and library, and being a part of the Green Team (recycling team). We appreciate these students taking own these responsibilities and being awesome role models for other students at RES.
STAR Students on Flag Duty
This team learned about the flag and the importance of making sure the flag doesn't touch the ground.
RES News Team
Thanks to Michelle for getting this team started. Thanks to Deedra for decorating the board behind the team. This team of students know how to work this entire system on thier own now!
Thanks to Chad for leading this team! It is important that we teach our kids to recycle to save our Earth! This team will pick up recycling bins every Thursday morning.
STAR Students on Flag Duty
RES News Team
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15