Flores Class Chronicle - Week 26
March 21 - March 24
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
This week, 4th graders will be participating in Survivor Island all week. Here are a few pointers for the week.
- Students may wear their tie dye shirts each day if they wish. I have given each student a writing necklace, which should be left at school until Thursday as we will be adding to it each day.
- There are several rotations which use electronic devices, so it's great if students can bring devices.
- No backpacks are necessary this week.
- Students are given a snack each morning, but you are always welcome to send additional snacks and water bottles with students.
- This is a review of skills we have covered all year and should be a fun way to practice putting everything together.
- Students were encouraged to create a symbol for our team's flag. DESIGNS ARE DUE TUESDAY MORNING.
Parent Letter Request
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
- Purple Specials Day
- Red Specials Day
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Monday 3/21-3/24 Survivor Island Writing Review
- Wednesday 3/23 - Field trip Permission slips go home
- Friday 3/25 - NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Tuesday 3/29 - 4th Grade Writing STAAR Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 4/1 - End of the 3rd 9 weeks
- Friday 4/1 - First Fun Friday in 4th Grade - Illuminocity Atrocity - Dress in BRIGHT or NEON colors!
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- Friday 4/15 - FIELD TRIP (Permission forms will go home on Wednesday, March 23rd)
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade less than 70% in a subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!