The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 6
Dear SFX Family,
We are more than halfway through the the first quarter! Please be sure to reach out to your child's teacher(s) if you have any questions. Also, remember to log on to the School News page in Gradelink and Google Classroom for important information and announcements.
The Jaguar Fun Run is officially in gear! Check out the information below or the email that was sent today for information about registering on FUNRUN.COM!
Last week we started the PK4 and K Prayer Service after the 1st-3rd grades Mass. It was so special to have them in church praying with Fr. Joe and Fr. Thien. This will take place on the same Fridays as the 1st-3rd grades Mass.
Looking ahead to next week, we have the Jaguar Fun Run on Thursday with a 1:30 PM Dismissal. There is no After Care on Early Dismissal Days at this time. On Friday, October 1 the Men's Club is hosting the annual Old Metairie Golf Classic. More details are below. And on Sunday, October 4, Fr. Joe and Fr. Thien will be holding a drive-by Blessing of the Pets from 4:00-5:30 PM.
Have a great week!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- September 22 - Booster Jaguar Fun Run Kick-off Day; First Communion Meeting, 7 PM in the church
- September 25 - Mass, Grs. 4-7 (students & teachers only)
- September 30 - Deadline to turn in BoxTops
- October 1 - Jaguar Fun Run; 1:30 PM Dismissal - No After School Care
- October 2 - Men's Club Gold Tournament; Mass, Grs. 1-3 & Prayer Service, PK4-K (students & teachers only)
- October 4 - Drive-By Blessing of the Pets, 4:00-5:30 PM
- October 7-9 - 1st 9 Weeks Exams, Grs. 6-7
- October 9 - 1st Quarter Ends
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink or downloaded below.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
Jaguar Fun Run with Booster
Our Jaguar Fun Run kicked off today, and we are thrilled about this year’s program! We’ve asked the fundraising experts at Booster to power our Fun Run program, making our fundraising simpler, more profitable, and more FUN. Our Fun Run includes EVERY student in a fun, fitness event that focuses on character while helping our school raise some much-needed funds. This year, our entire school is raising funds for some amazing campus improvements! Our goal is to raise $20,000 and, if you’d like to, we are inviting YOU to help!
Here’s how you can support SFX:
- Register your student on FUNRUN.COM by searching “St. Francis Xavier School" or the code "433-991" Then, use FUNRUN.COM to log donations for your student(s).
- Reach out to family and friends by SHARING your Student’s Pledge Page. With FUNRUN.COM's smart sharing tools, reaching out to sponsors is easier than ever. The easiest way to get donations is to simply click the Facebook share button on your student’s pledge page. Plus, with a few clicks you can create a custom Student Star Video to share on social media. You can also use the Easy Emailer to connect with friends and family. As you gather donations, be sure to record each sponsor’s e-mail address so they have the opportunity to easily pay for your student’s pledge online via credit card.
- Ask your child about the Sports City Now Character Lesson of the Day! It’s a fitness theme all about inspiring students to be active and activate their character. Students will travel the country learning how to live and play with more character from REAL kid-athletes. Our dynamic, documentary-style videos will teach your students about Teamwork, Care, Courage, Grit, and Celebration. Join along by watching the fun character videos with your student(s) on FUNRUN.COM.
Thank you for supporting our school, regardless of financial participation. We can’t wait for your Jaguar Fun Run happening on next Thursday!
1st-3rd Grade Computer Message
The Chromebooks are in! Be sure to bring a set of inexpensive earbuds or small headphones to keep at school in the classroom. Please put earbuds/small headphones in a Ziploc bag or case that has been marked with your child’s name, grade and class. All students must have a set of earbuds by Monday, September 28, 2020. The students will be taught how to use the trackpad on the Chromebooks; however, if they feel more comfortable using a mouse they are allowed to bring one to keep at school that plugs into the Chromebook. We do not recommend wireless mice because the plug-in receivers are easy to misplace.
The proper earbuds to use with Chromebooks have a standard plug (pictured). Please note that Apple products and Bluetooth earbuds will not work.
In and Around SFX
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
PLEASE INFORM ANYONE WHO MAY DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP FOR YOUR FAMILY!
- Siblings and Carpools will dismiss from the school yard
- Single Riders will dismiss from Betz Place
- All students must be dropped off and picked up via car line. No walkers at this time.
- Cars must hug the right side of the street to allow for passing traffic.
- The Betz line may ONLY be entered by turning right from Avenue B or coming down Betz from the east.
- At arrival, students should unbuckle and put masks on while waiting to be checked.
- At dismissal, white name signs must be hung from the rear view mirror and remain up through the entirety of car line. If you need extra, please contact the front office.
- Do not line up for carpool any earlier than 2:50. We need to minimize the disruption to traffic as much as possible.