4th Grade FUNdementals
Dove Elementary School
What We Are Learning:
Extending Multiplication, Division and Fractions
Forms of Energy
New Challenges for Texas
A Growing State
- Mondays: Culture Club: 2:45-3:45
- Tuesdays: Dove T-Shirt Day
- Wednesdays: Choir: 2:45-3:45; Cardio Club 2:45-3:30
- Thursdays: Dynamic Drummers: 2:45-3:45
- May 19-21--Scholastic Book Fair in the library
- May 21--Choir trip to NRH2O
- May 22--Bad Weather Make Up Day-WE WILL BE IN SCHOOL
- May 22--Field Day!
- May 25--Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
- May 27 Living Wax Museum (Times to be sent home soon!)
- June 3--4th Grade Awards 2:00 pm
- June 4-- Last day of school for students (early dismissal @11:45 am)
Austin Field Trip
THANK YOU to all of our wonderful volunteers who helped chaperone the Austin Field Trip last week. We couldn't have done it without you! Thanks again!!
Please follow the link below to give us feedback on the Austin Field Trip! This survey is for all parents, not just chaperones!
**Students will need to bring a sack lunch from home or they will need to purchase a sack lunch in the cafeteria.
**If you plan to volunteer, please make sure you are on the approved volunteer list.
**Field Day is also Volunteer Appreciation Day. Please stop by the teacher's lounge to pick up a snack or drink if you are here on Friday. We appreciate all that you do!
Scholastic Book Fair/Library
ALL LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE! PLEASE LOOK FOR THEM AND SEND THEM IN ASAP!
End of the Year 10 Day Countdown!
Let's celebrate the last 10 days of 4th grade with a fun countdown!
Your child does not have to participate in these activities, but is more than welcome to join in on the fun!
Wednesday, May 20--Crazy Sock Day
Thursday, May 21--Bring your favorite book to share during silent reading
Friday, May 22--Hat Day to shade yourself from the sun at Field Day!
Tuesday, May 26--Red, White & Blue Day to celebrate Memorial Day
Wednesday, May 27--Share a joke during circle up time
Thursday, May 28-- Thank You Day-Write a thank you card to someone at school
Friday, May 29-- Bring a board/card game to play at school
Monday, June 1-- Extra Recess
Tuesday, June 2-- Movie Day- We will be watching a film on Texas History
Wednesday, June 3-- Autograph each other's yearbook
Thursday, June 4-- Last Day-Early Dismissal
Learning Apps/Websites To Use At Home
This is a learning website that covers reading, writing, and math skills. It is also an app.
This reading tool is both an app and website. If you use the app, you can download the books offline to be used in the car or other areas that you do not have access to wifi!
- To login, they need to type in their homeroom teacher's email address. (Example: Mrs. Embry's homeroom will type in firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The password is read2015.
- Once they are in, they will select their name and type in the 4 digit code.
This is a reading and math website/app. Students should know their logins and passwords.