Garfield Family Bulletin
August 25th, 2020
Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! On behalf of the administrative team, teachers and staff at Garfield, we're looking forward to virtually meeting each of you and your children. I want to take a moment to say 'thank you' for your patience and understanding as the district and our school prepare for this unique start of the school year. Teachers and staff have been in professional developments for the last two weeks preparing for the beginning of school so we, as a team, can deliver a high quality educational experience to our kids across preschool through 8th grades.
Throughout this bulletin you'll find information pertaining to our first day of school, a sneak peek at some of our new, innovative online leaning systems, how to change your address so you get the most up-to-date student information by mail and more. This bulletin will be one of many in the coming weeks to prepare our parents, guardians and students for a successful launch of the 20-21 school year. You'll also be invited to a virtual family night where you can meet some of the staff, ask questions and learn more about virtual learning at Garfield School.
Thank you for choosing Garfield School and for trusting us to be your partner in education. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.
New Offerings @ Garfield
- Creating a diverse art program with two full-time art teachers on campus,
- For the first time, offering two high school classes at Garfield: English I and Algebra I,
- Moving towards the co-teaching model to better support our special education students,
- Hiring a Say Yes to Education Family Support Specialist to support all of our students and families.
- Students in K-8th grades are exposed to two of the highest rated curricula: Wit and Wisdom and Eureka Math,
- We're one of four schools in Cleveland to offer dedicated gifted classes taught by highly qualified gifted intervention specialists,
- We have two award winning, 5-star rated preschools that are designated as model classrooms by the state of Ohio.
Important Dates (more information will come regarding the below events)
- Last Year's Student Materials Pick Up/Locker Clean Out: 9/1/20, 1pm-6pm
- Technology Distribution (for families without tech): 9/1/20, 3pm-6pm
- Garfield Virtual Family Night: 9/3/20, 6:30p-7:30p
- First Day of School: 9/8/20
What's Coming Up in Future Bulletins
- Logistics for locker clean out and 19-20 materials pick up,
- Logistics for technology pick up,
- Virtual Family Night information,
- Supply list updates,
- Class list updates,
- Daily schedules,
- Family Care Plan updates,
- and more.
Change of Address
- Utility bill (electric, gas, sewer, water, cable, phone),
- Pay stub,
- Bank statement,
- Mortgage statement.
Document has to show:
- Date within the last 60 days,
- Parent/guardian name.
Please email a copy of the document with your child(ren)'s name(s) and current contact information to:
New Staff @ Garfield
- Theodore Lockmiller: 7th Grade Math
- Alyssa Moyer: Art (including art therapy)
- Lillie Nandi: Say Yes to Education Family Support Specialist
- Nadia Fuchs: Guidestone Case Manager