Weekly Newsletter - September 10, 2020
celebrating 26 years of excellence in catholic education
Theme for the Year: Hope
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the principal
The word "hero" conjures up a variety of images in one's imagination. Some think of characters with capes flying in the breeze, while others might imagine a fire fighter helping someone in need escape a burning building. I like to think of us somewhere in between. All of us, including our families, are doing the Lord's work when we support one another, acknowledge the struggles we are experiencing at this time, and offer prayer for healing.
Please continue to pray for the faculty and staff of St. Joseph Catholic School. We will continue to pray for all of you. May we recognize the hidden capes behind all of us as we navigate the days ahead.
St. Joseph, Protector of Families, pray for us.
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Hope Bible Verse for September
A saintly "HOPE" quote to ponder
Special Giving Day is almost here!
Click below to donate! Thank you!
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- 9/11 Music Learning Band Demonstration for 4th and 5th Grade - Students in 4th and 5th grade will see a demonstration from this group tomorrow morning at 8:30am. Please use the Monday Morning Prayer Service link to attend, if you are a Distance Learner in these grades.
- 9/14 Progress Reports will be sent via email for the first quarter.
- 9/16 Wednesday Mass - We will be attending Mass weekly on Wednesdays, at 8:30 a.m. Distance Learners, we are attending along with you from home! Be sure to wear your dress uniform and participate by clicking on the parish link: https://stjoe88.org/ On-Campus Learners, be sure to wear your dress uniform to school on these days. Families are welcome to attend. All must wear a mask to enter the church. Students may sit with family members during Mass, but will need to be walked back to their teacher before leaving the sanctuary.
- 9/16 8th Grade Pinning Ceremony - After this coming Wednesday's Mass, we will recognize the leaders of our school with a pinning ceremony. All students will remain in the church to attend. 8th Grade parents are invited to attend Mass and remain for the pinning.
- 9/17 North Texas Giving Day - Early giving is now open and the event will wrap up on September 17th. A huge THANK YOU to those who have already donated. Funds raised from North Texas Giving Day will be applied to the following needs: new fencing, tuition assistance, and staff retention bonuses.
- WE HAVE POSTPONED THE SPIRIT SHIRT DAY FOR SUMMER READING LOGS. We wanted to wait until all families had their spirit shirt. We have moved the date to September 24th. Be watching for more details.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Please note these calendar changes:
*We have moved our A Knight to Remember to the Spring.
*The Talent Show has been postponed until the Spring.
Don't forget...When away from school
Home and School Association
Here are some future HSA events:
9/16 September Home and School Meeting at 7:00pm.
Here is the Zoom link:
Topic: September Home and School Association (HSA) Meeting
Time: Sep 16, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 3594 9735
9/28 Booster Program Knights on the Run Fun Run Virtual Pep Rally! More information will be coming soon on this virtual fundraiser. If you know if anyone that would like to be a sponsor for the event, please let us know.
*Don't forget to scan your receipt using the Box Tops app if you have items in your grocery basket with the Box Tops logo!
Monday Morning Prayer Service Zoom Invite
This link should also be found in your family's Seesaw Account or Google Classroom.
Diane Price is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Monday Morning Prayer Service
Time: 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Sep 14, 2020 08:00 AM
Sep 21, 2020 08:00 AM
Sep 28, 2020 08:00 AM
Oct 5, 2020 08:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 3372 6239
Dismissal Car Line
Please follow these steps for a faster car line:
1. Download the Pikmykid App and register.
2. Place your new car tag with the numbers on your dash or visor where it can easily be seen.
3. Leave your car tag visible so all the adults working the car line may read it to assist your child.
4. Announce your arrival through the app, when you come to the stop sign. Your child will then be approved for dismissal.
Please call the office if you have any questions. Thank you!
Dismissal Times by Grade Level
Please adhere to the following schedule for a smoother dismissal. Thank you!
2:50 - 3:00 PK-2nd with no siblings, or siblings in PK-2nd
3:00 - 3:10 3rd through 5th with siblings in PK-2nd, or no siblings
3:15 - 3:25 6th through 8th grade with or without siblings
Knights in Action!
Moments Captured on Campus
Fr. Kennedy reminds us all to say the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel daily to promote peace in the world.
Yes, these students in Mrs. Doskocil's Spanish class raced one another, but with their knowledge! Look at that leader board. Good job, Knights!
SJCS in a Tweet
The North Texas Catholic mentioned our school in a tweet this week! Check out this month's edition of their newsletter. There is a lovely article on the Dominican Sisters and their impact on our diocese.
Click below to read the article on the Dominican Sisters
Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
This week in art
Here are a few samples of student art work from this week:
Kindergarten: Original Cartoon Animals
3rd Grade: Cartoon Family Group Portraits
6th Grade: The Art of Botany - Drawing a Rose
Students spending time with their creative minds, soothes the soul. Nice work, students! We enjoy viewing your work.
We will be adding new members from grades 6th through 8th, once after school clubs can occur. Thank you for your patience! Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to mentors, Mrs. Laurie Grove (IT and Computer Teacher) and Mr. Bill Williams (Advisory Council Member and Volunteer).
Congratulations, Class of 2020!
Take a look at the spectacular banner below from the Class of 2020. We cannot wait to get it up on the wall in the cafeteria!
COVID-19 Daily Home Screening Required for Students
Parents: Please be sure to complete this short screening each morning. If none of these apply to your child, you may come to school. Please contact the school if your child is sick or has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 individual. We will guide you on what next steps to take regarding your return date to campus.
SECTION 1: Symptoms
If your child has any of the following symptoms, that indicates a possible illness that may decrease the student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading illness to others. Please check your child for these symptoms:
1. Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
2. Sore throat
3. New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
4. Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
5. New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
1. Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
Many More Health and Wellness Resources May be found here
Meet our parish priests!
Join Fr. Kelley for Mass-live
Daily Mass is open to the public. Attendance limited to first 40 people. Temperatures will be checked at the door. Please maintain social distance from others. Also, the Parish Office now has limited office hours: 8-10 a.m. Monday-Friday. Parishioners may schedule Mass intentions, purchase a candle or refill Holy Water. Most staff will continue to work from home, and are available via direct dial office phone and email 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The faithful are dispensed from the obligation to attend and to participate in Sunday Mass, but not dispensed from our faith.
- People in attendance at Mass must wear masks or scarfs over their mouths and nose inside the buildings to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- All attending are to practice proper social distancing, wear masks and use hand sanitizer upon entering the church.
- The Bishop asks to be considerate in charity of your neighbor and receive Holy Communion in the hand for the time being.
St. Joseph Catholic Parish
- Please watch this important video message from Fr. Kelley: https://youtu.be/sO3CFan_kM8
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
St. Joseph Catholic Church Events
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.