E. H. Cary Middle School
Ms. Roberts' Syllabus
For this class you will need:
- Folder with pockets
- Ream of copier paper/or
- Box of Kleenex
Take good care of your computer and it will take good care of you. Be sure to follow your network acceptable use agreement in class at all times.
SO THIS CLASS IS FUN AND WE MAKE STUFF...WHAT ELSE?
Well since you asked, students will complete this course with a fundamental understanding of computer operations and applications. College-bound students will be well-prepared for writing college papers and preparing presentations. Student entering the workforce will have excellent, marketable job skills. Career opportunities abound for people with great computer skills.
LET ‘s GET STARTED
CAN YOU (user)
THE BASIC COMPUTER PARTS
I am committed to creating a positive, open environment where students feel comfortable learning and asking questions. I am committed to doing everything I can do to help EVERY student succeed in class. I will respect your child’s individual personality and learning needs.
Computer classes at the middle school level are designed to learn basic computer skills that will provide a good foundation for living and working in the information age. The emphasis will be on basic computer skills, problem solving, and reading/following directions.
Students will use appropriate computer-based tools to create products and modify solutions to problems to enhance their learning and technology skills with the use of various Media devices and activities.
This class is an excellent choice for any student with an interest in computers, especially those considering college in the future. Computers are becoming more and more prevalent in education and businesses today, and it is imperative that students learn to use these resources properly.
Ms. Roberts’ Rules and Expectations:
To ensure a smooth, well-functioning classroom environment, the following rules are necessary for students in Computer Applications Class
1. When class starts or I am giving instructions, you should be in your seat and attentive.
2. Students MUST bring all required material to class each day.
3. Students should take responsibility for their work space. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!!
4. Make-up work MUST be completed within five class days of an absence.
5. Completing assignments in a timely manner by the end of the grading period.
6. Completing assignments to the best of one’s ability..
7. Saving and locating files in the student’s individual network account.
Six weeks Test 15%