March 2, 2023
Travis Intermediate School
Pamela Britton, Assistant Principal
Maria Dominguez, Assistant Principal
Becky Kemp, Counselor
Nancy Henriquez, Counselor
Important Information Concerning Morning Car Rider Drop Off
Our campus opens at 7:45 a.m. Staff members are not available to monitor students until this time. We ask that parents please refrain from leaving students unattended before 7:45 a.m. so they can be safely monitored once our building opens.
Also, our car rider line follows along the front of the school and turns right on Pauline Street. For the safety of our students, parents will need to be in the car rider line to drop off their student so they are able to exit the car on the curb side of the vehicle and not in the street. Students should not be exiting the vehicle from across the street and walking across to the car rider drop off. If parents need students to cross the street, students will need to be dropped off in front of the school where there is a cross walk and crossing guard to safely assist the student. Students will then be able to safely walk down the sidewalk and enter the building where car riders are dropped off on Pauline Street.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.
Travis Multicultural Festival & Academic Night
Mark Your Calendars
1: Student Council Meeting 8:00
2: 6 Social Studies CFA3 Testing
6: Mentor/Mentee Day
7: 5 Science Interim Testing All Day; After School Reading Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
8: Ambassador Meeting 8:00; Girlz to Ladies 8:00; After School Reading Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.; McDonald's Night 5-8 p.m.
9: After School Reading Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
13-17: Spring Break; No School for Students and Staff
20: No School for Students; Staff Development Day
22: Ambassador Meeting 8:00; Girlz to Ladies 8:00; 5/6 Math CFA3 Testing
23: Multicultural Festival & Academic Night 5:30-7:00
28: After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
29: After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
30: After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
31: Report Cards Go Home for the Third Nine Weeks
4: Librarian Appreciation Day; After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
5: Student Council Meeting 8:00; After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
6: Human Growth & Development Presentation During FAPE; After School Math Tutorials 4:30-5:30 p.m.
7: School Holiday; No School for Students and Staff
10: School Holiday; No School for Students and Staff
12: Ambassador Meeting 8:00; Girlz to Ladies 8:00
13: Kick the STAAR 5th Grade
14: Kick the STAAR 6th Grade
16: 6th Art Field Trip
19: Student Council Meeting 8:00
21: School Bus Driver Appreciation; Boys to Men Tiger Growl Tournament
22: Healthy Kids Festival at Travis-Everyone in the Community is Invited
25: 5/6 Reading STAAR Testing- Students Please Arrive by 8:45 and Remain All Day
27: 5 Science STAAR Testing- Students Please Arrive by 8:45 and Remain All Day
28: Progress Reports Go Home
2: 5/6 Math STAAR Testing- Students Please Arrive by 8:45 and Remain All Day
Visitor Check-in: Safety Procedures
Tardies: Our instructional day begins at 8:50 a.m. Students not riding a school bus need to arrive on campus before 8:50 a.m. so they are not counted tardy. Excessive tardies will result in automatically created referrals in our system. We ask that our families assist us with having students at school on time to begin their instructional day.
Dropping Off Items- Please note, lunches left at home may not be dropped off. If your child forgets their lunch, they will receive a meal provided by the cafeteria. We will ask you to complete a lunch application online if you haven't already done so.
Morning Drop Off/Car Rider: Our morning drop off and afternoon car rider pick up will be on Pauline St. through our school cafeteria. Staff members will be on duty to receive students until 8:50 a.m. when instruction begins. If your child arrives to campus after 8:50 a.m., parents will need to park and bring their child in to the front office to check in. If students are car riders in the afternoon, we ask that they are picked up no later than 4:10 p.m.
Early Start: Early start drop off begins at 7:45 a.m. through the cafeteria entrance on Pauline St. Staff members will be on duty beginning at 7:45 a.m. to receive students. We ask that for the safety of our students, please do not drop off prior to 7:45 a.m. as students will not be supervised.
Updated Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off while on campus and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Human Growth and Development instruction will be done on Thursday, April 6. Permission forms will be going home with your student. All parents will need to sign and check the opt-in or opt-out box and return the form to your child's homeroom teacher. You can view the videos ahead of time using the links below. Call the clinic with any questions or concerns.
Instruction Related to the Prevention of Child Abuse, Family Violence, Dating Violence, and Human Trafficking (6th grade only) will be done on Thursday, April 6. Permission forms will be going home with your student. All parents will need to sign and check the opt-in or opt-out box and return the form to your child's homeroom teacher. You can view the PowerPoint ahead of time using the link below. Please call the counselors with any questions.
Travis Yearbooks are On Sale!
Our Goal is to Increase Student Attendance
Attendance, arriving to school on time, and remaining at school for the entire school day is important to the success of your child.
- Our instructional day begins promptly at 8:50 a.m. Students need to arrive before 8:50 a.m. to be considered on time to school.
- Our instructional day ends at 3:55 p.m. If there is an occasion when your child will need to leave school early, students must be checked out before 3:15 p.m.
- State law requires that students be in attendance at least 90% of the days that class is offered (excused and unexcused combined).
- If your child must be absent, please send the following with your child when they return to school: Doctor's note signed by doctor or nurse that includes the dates of absence(s) and/or signed note from the parent stating the reason for the absence and dates of absence(s) to be turned in to Ms. Solis, Travis PEIMS Clerk.
- Three or more absences will result in a system generated warning email.
- Five unexcused absences will result in an attendance warning letter.
- Between five and ten unexcused absences will result in additional warning letters and phone calls from the Assistant Principal, Principal, and/or Counselor. This will include full day and "parts of a day." That means arriving late or leaving early will count toward the child's absences.
- If corrections are not made to improve attendance, a court warning will notify the parent of the potential to be filed on in a justice or municipal court. Parents may be criminally charged, or fined, if their child has another unexcused absence.
We want to work collaboratively with our families; however, students are required to have regular attendance at school. Please work with us to get your child to school every day.
Students Enjoying New Recess Equipment!
Ms. Castrejon (Treasurer)
Ms. Martinez (President)
Mrs. Reyes (Secretary)
Next PTO officers meeting, February 17, 2023. If you have questions or suggestions please call the school and leave a message for Travis PTO at 936- 709 7000.
District Parent Resource Newsletter
2022 Federal Report Card and Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
Travis 2022 Federal Report Card and Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) has been posted on our school's profile page.
The Federal Report Card and TAPR can both be accessed using the following steps:
From the school’s website:
- Go to "Our School/Campus"
- Click “View School Profile"
- Select “Accountability Reports”
- Click “2021-2022"
- Select "Texas Academic Performance Report" or "Federal Report Card"
Conroe ISD is Hiring Bus Drivers
A note to parents: Bus drivers are doing their best to transport your child safely to and from school. Please join us in showing appreciation for what they do. Discuss with your child the expectation of being kind, courteous, and respectful of the bus drivers and the other students riding on the bus.
- Tennis shoes are required for PE. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides or flip flops should not be worn.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Register for Bus Transportation
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Follow Us On Social Media
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.