Important updates and news 8/30/2021
Week Three (Fall Semester)
As we begin settling into the routines of school, we will have a little bit of a break. Due to the Labor Day holiday, school will be closed this Friday 9/3/2021, the following Monday 9/6/2021 and Tuesday 9/7/2021. The bell schedule will not change and remain as it is shown on our website.
Important news, announcements and opportunities are below.
Important Announcements for Families & Students
- If you have been in isolation or quarantine due to a positive test or being in close contact, please stay home, check this website for directions and message your teachers.
- STEM Academy's weekly Covid-19 test is Wednesdays on campus. If you are absent, get tested on your own at one of these locations.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to test weekly. Parent/guardian consent is given electronically on Dailypass.lausd.net through a Parent Portal account. Click HERE for directions.
- There is a Governing Board Meeting on Tuesday at 6PM. Click HERE to join and Click HERE to view the agenda.
- All students and staff must show a Daily Pass QR Code to access campus each day! Learn how to get a Daily Pass by clicking here. (dailypass.lausd.net)
- Enter campus through the gate on Wilton Street at 7:30 AM and prepared to show your Daily Pass QR code!
- Everyone must wear a mask and keep it on when on campus! Masks can only be removed when eating or drinking. Eating must take place outdoors only!
- Check out our bell schedule HERE
- Are you Vaccinated? Upload your vaccine information to dailypass.lausd.net To get a vaccine call to make an appointment 213-202-7590.
- If you are planning to be on campus, you must get a Daily Pass! Click HERE for directions.
Not Getting Phone and Text Notifications?
Parents and employees can choose to Opt back into receiving Outreach (general) messages by calling (855) 502-7867 from any phone number that was previously Opted-Out.
You can also sign up for Parent Portal and get notifications on the Schoology App!
Fall 2021 Virtual STEAM Academy
Parent Self-Care Workshop
Get your Vaccine @ STEM!
First Dose on 9/8/2021
Second Dose on 9/29/2021
We are here to help! Call 323-817-6461 M-F 8-4PM
News for Teachers
Announcements & Reminders for Teachers & Staff
- Please make sure you have created seating charts that are accurate! Pod your students!
- Help us with contact tracing by sharing your seating charts with the office. Upload them HERE (LAUSD account login required).
- Upload your vaccination record to dailypass.net by October 10th! It is now mandatory for all LAUSD employees and LAUSD contractors/partners.
- Complete your Covid-19 Safe and Healthy Workplace training on MyPLN
- Complete your Textbook (William's) Sufficiency form on the Teacher's Portal.
- Week 3 Thematic Activities for Wellbeing! Click HERE
- ALWAYS check in at the STEM office first thing in the morning with your Daily Pass! Review the Daily Pass guide by clicking here.
- There is a Governing Board Meeting on Tuesday at 6PM. Click HERE to join and Click HERE to view the agenda. All Pilot Committees must send one representative with an update.
- Take a look at our Reopening Guide for important information and pin it! I will update it as new information is available.
- If Schoology is ever down, use Black Board Connect (BBC) to communicate with your students (if you don't have Remind 101). The BBC guide is below.