Lighthouse School Newsletter
April 27, 2022
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Hello, Lighthouse Families,
May is almost here! We’re at the halfway point between the spring equinox and the summer solstice. We have enjoyed a few nice days outside. May is bound to bring us even more sunshine and warmth.
This week our students enjoyed a field trip to the Bakken Museum and finished MCA testing! They are also working on putting together the Lighthouse talent show. Please join us for the talent show at Lighthouse on Thursday, May 12 at 1 p.m. We will walk down to the Fine Arts Center together to enjoy the show. Spring is an exciting time here and a great time for students to show how much they have grown this year.
Our Lighthouse families may also be interested in the high school the musical, “Oklahoma!” that is currently underway! It is a show that’s good for all ages and a fun way to introduce students to options at SLP Schools.
- Extended Learning Day, Friday, April 29: These days are designed for students to do work related to their inquiry project which cannot easily be done in the classroom such as library research, talking with an expert, conducting experiments, or a field trip.
- Students that are taking courses at Spring Lake High School should sign in and sign out at the Lighthouse office. Students will not be permitted to leave early without a parent signing the student out, emailing permission (firstname.lastname@example.org), or calling the Lighthouse School at 763-600-5200.
- PTO meeting: Our next PTO meeting is tomorrow, April 28th at 5:30 p.m. Please join us in person at the Lighthouse or via this WebEx link.
As we move towards the end of the school year, let’s keep the momentum of learning that we have been building all year. All of the student learning and fun activities combined with the nicer weather we are sure to get in May will help make this a great end of the school year.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth Summer Programs
Final weekend of SLPHS musical "Oklahoma!"
"Oklahoma!" has made its way to the Spring Lake Park High School Fine Arts Center. With its singing cowboys and rom-com storyline, you won't want to miss this final weekend of the Western musical adventure about embracing hope, determination and the promise of a new land. Purchase your tickets online or for a $1 more at the door.
Friday, April 29, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 30, 7 p.m.
Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m.
Ignite the SPARK in your child, your family or yourself this summer! Try a new sport or activity, strengthen your skills, meet new friends and make the most of your summer! View this week's highlights below and see all summer program options here.
- Beginning Band Camp (grades 6-8)
- Drawing Workshop: Cooking and Baking with Young Rembrandts (grades 1-6)
- Junior Engineering and Building with Tech Academy (grades 1-3)
- Video Production for YouTube (grades 5-9)
Reptile Adventure at Springbrook Nature Center - Are you looking for a fun way to get out of the house this summer? Does your child love animals or nature? Take a break from your screens and explore the beautiful Springbrook Nature Center! This is a family activity for all ages.
- Barn Quilt Painting (June 4 or August 6) - Create a beautiful barn quilt pattern on a 14x14 reclaimed wood pallet.
- Learn to Kayak (June 1) - Learn how to paddle on White Bear Lake. Expect to enjoy the nature and serenity around you.
- Making Kombucha at Home (July 25) - Learn how to make this fermented tea beverage at home.
Visit from Underdog Games
- April 28 - PTO meeting - 5:30 p.m. at Lighthouse School or via WebEx
- April 29 - Extended Learning Day - No School for Students unless concurrently enrolled at SLPHS
- May 12 - Lighthouse Talent Show, 1 p.m., FAC
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.