Different types of figurative
- Simile- A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (Like or as).
- Metaphor-A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
- Personification- The attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something nonhuman, or the representation of an abstract quality in human form.
- Hyperbole -Exaggerated statement or claims not meant to be taken literally.
- Alliteration- The occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.