- The capital of Peru is Lima
- Two major cities include Arequipa and Callao
- Peru was once controlled by Spain, until it gained indepence on July 28, 1821 and since has not been controlled by any other country
- Peru's official language is Spanish
- Peru is located in Western South America, between Chile and Ecuador.
- Part of the Andes Mountains is in Peru, along with rivers such as the Amazon River and the Rio Ucayali river.
The Andes Mountains
- Peru's government type is Constitutional Republic and their current president is President Ollanta Humala.
- Peru currently have signed trade deals with 14 other countries, including the European Free Trade Association.
Economic and Trade Information
- Peru's currency is the Peruvian nuevo sol, meaning Peruvian new sun in English
- Their economic system is capitalism
- Some of the things they import include petroleum and petroleum products, chemicals, plastics, machinery, vehicles and more from countries such as the US, China, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, and Mexico
- Some of the things they export include copper, gold, lead, zinc, tin, iron ore, molybdenum, silver, crude petroleum and petroleum products, and more from countries such as China, the US, Canada, Japan, Spain, and Chile
Tourists should come to Peru because there is many beautiful places, such as the Cathedral of Lima, Qurikancha, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, and more.
- Andes Mountains Picture: http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/south-america/andes-mountains_605x412.jpg