Message from the Principal
Week of January 13, 2020
Necesitas traducción? Haga clic aquí y desplácese hasta el final de la página.
Message from the Principal
Dear Central Road Families,
It was a great week back! The students worked diligently in the classroom and were happy to be back in school.
Central Road is planning a Reading Family Night on Thursday, February 6th from 6:00-7:30 p.m.. Please save the date! We will have several guest readers from our community that will be reading books aloud to students. Guest readers include; Dr. Laurie Heinz, Superintendent; Dr. Claire Kowalczyk, Deputy Superintendent; Joe Gallo, Mayor of Rolling Meadows; Terry Valentino, Rolling Meadows Fire Chief; Ms. Kathy, Central Road’s Crossing Guard and Officer Mike Courtney, School Resource Office from the Rolling Meadows Police Department. In addition to the guest readers, Ms. Darlene from the Rolling Meadows Library will be engaging the students in a literacy activity. In addition to the literacy activities for students, our staff will be providing parents with information about the new FPC reading resource. We hope you can join us!
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. Central Road will host Valentine’s Day parties in the classrooms on Friday, February 14th from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Our Valentine’s Day parties will follow the new guidelines from the district, and may not include any food. Parent volunteers are welcome to come to Central Road at 1:00 p.m. to set up in the classrooms for the parties. We kindly ask that room parents send the list of volunteers that will be assisting in the party to teachers. We will have pre-printed name badges in our foyer of volunteers that have been run through our Raptor system. Please come to the office if have not had your ID run through Raptor.
Please be mindful that classroom parties can not include food. This rule also applies to items that are passed out to students. Valentine’s Day cards that are distributed to students may not include any candy. Thank you in advance for following our District Policy.
Let’s make it a great week!
Patti Van Winkle
Important Upcoming Dates
Here are some things to watch on the calendar:
- Tuesday, January 14- Kindergarten Registration Assistance- Willow Bend- 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 15- ACCESS Testing Window Opens
- District Spelling Bee- Sundling Junior High- 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 20- No School- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 21- No School- Institute Day
- Thursday, January 23- Talent Show Dress Rehearsal- 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 24- Talent Show- 7:00-9:00 p.m.- Conyers Learning Academy
- Tuesday, January 28- PTA Reflections Showcase- Carl Sandburg- 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 29- Beginning Orchestra Concert- 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6th- Family Reading Night- 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 14th- Valentine's Day Parties- 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Central Road Highlights
PTA Reflections Winners
Congratulations, Maya S. and Samaira S.! Both students submitted a project to PTA Reflections. Maya and Samaira were selected as winners at the Northwest Suburban Council level and will continue on to the next round of judging.
Central Road's Dental Program
This week 95 students had their teeth cleaned as a part of our dental program. The program comes to Central Road annually.
Museum of Text
Students have been identifying quotes in text that inspire them. Students will utilize these quotes in activities in the classroom.