Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
* Have your child let me know if they will instead be using Alderwood headphones, and I will make sure to have enough sets in the room for our testing days.
* Please consider having your child attend the traditional Promotion Party that parents have planned to have at Boomers the day after school is out in June. Let me know if you need more information (it was sent home a few weeks ago), or if you need help paying for it. I'm sure I can find a way to help.
* We are starting Golden Goblet (a novel set in Ancient Egypt). I have 26 copies for us to share! If you want to purchase or check a copy out for your child, the author is Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
Questions to ask:
* Have you been studying the areas of Math you feel you need to review? (We have deliberately been assigning less homework and reminding students to be actively reviewing the basic Math skills and the standards we've learned this year.)
* How did you feel about the Basic Skills Test?
* What happens if parents walk in the room during one of the CAASPP/SBAC tests? (It's a security breach that we have to report. Maybe ask what other things would be a breach. I would have to report myself if my phone is visible! No electronic devices, including activity trackers, are allowed. It's a new world!)
* What GRAPES group did you participate in for Ancient Greece? Tell me more. (G-geography, R=religion, A=achievements, P=politics, S=social structure)
* What was the geography like for Ancient Rome? (Location helped it grow- 7 steep hills with area to farm at the base of the hills offering food and protection, short distance to Mediterranean Sea and close to trade routes)
* Why is it important to understand weather patterns? (Weather can change quickly and be severe- including floods and droughts)