By: Anya and Kassity
Where and when did it happen?
- It was between February 22, 1821 and September 12, 1829.
- It took place in Greece, Balkans, Aegean Sea, and Morea.
- It was 8 years, 6 months ,and 3 weeks.
What Caused It?
- Greeks wanted Independence
- Was between Greeks and Ottoman Empire
- March 17, 1821 The Maniots declared war on the Ottomans
- The rebellion originated in the activities of the Philiki Etaireia, a patriotic conspiracy founded in the Odessa, current day Ukraine, in 1814
Who Was Involved?
- Ottoman Empire Leaders and Commanders: Sultan Mahmud ll , Omer Virion, Mahmud Dramali, Hursid Pasha, Husrev Pasha , and Resid Mehmed.
- Eyalet of Egypt Leaders and Commanders: Muhammad Ali, and Ibrahim Pasha
- Athens was recognized at the capital of Greece
- Greece gained independence
- Had many of the other countries in Europe side with them in war
- "Greek Revolution." Prezi.com. N.p., n.d. Web
- Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web